New Aston Cygnet

tazzieman

14 hours ago, tazzieman said:

I remember many, many years ago reading a story in Wheels I think it was of a Golf body on a 928 floorplan, lengthened bonnet required.  Wolfsburg springs to mind as the modifier???

18 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Not sure I really see the purpose, other than "we built it because we could" ?

5 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I remember many, many years ago reading a story in Wheels I think it was of a Golf body on a 928 floorplan, lengthened bonnet required.  Wolfsburg springs to mind as the modifier???

You must be as old as me ;<)
Though tuned pocket rockets are as common as bumholes today , there is nothing like a German built V8 under the bonnet.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/10/car_spotlight_gt_gt_a_wolf_in_rabbit_s_clothing/

"Built in the late 70s by the Hanover based tuning company, Nordstadt, the Golf 928 took a fully functioning, shortened Porsche chassis and clothed it with a bespoke Golf body. Details are a little sketchy on how many of these cars were produced -I’ve read that anywhere from 2 to 20 were built and were sold by the VW dealer Gunter Artz."

2 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

You must be as old as me ;<)
Though tuned pocket rockets are as common as bumholes today , there is nothing like a German built V8 under the bonnet.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/10/car_spotlight_gt_gt_a_wolf_in_rabbit_s_clothing/

"Built in the late 70s by the Hanover based tuning company, Nordstadt, the Golf 928 took a fully functioning, shortened Porsche chassis and clothed it with a bespoke Golf body. Details are a little sketchy on how many of these cars were produced -I’ve read that anywhere from 2 to 20 were built and were sold by the VW dealer Gunter Artz."

That's it!!!!!  yes, Tazzie, I'm probably even older than you ?  I think it might have been that Nordstadt was based in Wolfsburg??  If I remember the title of the article was "Sleeper from Wolfsburg"

Archived