'69 911 S who to have bring back to original...Vic.

Undeadtrev

Gday, undeadtrev here.

Been a few years since I have been on the site. Anyhow

I have a '69 911 S that I've owned for quite a few years. When I bought her she'd been through some changes and I got it at a great price thinking this guy knows less than me. I am going to hold on to this for a while....seems it was well worth the effort other than the fun I've had in her.  Original right hand drive, all metal body. Well it was before previous owner got it. Currently has seriously worked 2.7L and fibre glass added for larger wheels and front spoiler and wing. Excuse me I am a musician, and don't have a mechanical bone in me. Been sitting in my shed for quite some time as I've been seriously recluse for about 7 years. I am thinking it's time I had her bought back to original but I know nothing of who would be the best people to talk to in Victoria. What kind of time might they need, I don't expect it will happen fast??? Rough idea what it might cost me?  Will add pic. She was running like a dream when I parked her, if you call spitting flames running like a dream. ?

I also have a '83 flatnose cabriolet that needs a few small repairs...wiring issue, a few other small things and a good polish to get her really right again. I've had my fun and it's time for them to go to someone that has the want, urge or need of such toys. 

I suppose if someone around here read this and wanted to take them from me so I don't have to deal with to many people I would consider such a thing at a more than fair price and someone could easily make a serious profit or just play yeah. Damn, that has me thinking maybe I should leave the '69 where it is for another 5 or ten years. Folk seem real keen now from what I can see so yeah a little longer maybe, for obvious reasons. But I am considering a move in a while and think it's easier to sell them.

They are both in need of a good clean and tune I would think.

Excuse my ramblings, I have not communicated with people much at all for quite some time.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

I hope I've placed this in the right area. If not okay please feel free to move if there's a mod. around here.

My 69 Porsche.jpg

My 83 Porsche Soft top 2.jpg

Interesting post Trev, the value of the '69 is damaged quite badly by the improvements that have been made, and not having its correct engine.

Also with no disrespect intended, there would be many things that would need to be checked before knowing whether it is even an S which by your own admission you certainly didn't do before you bought it.

Best thing you could do is get someone knowledgeable that you can trust to go right over it and evaluate it. 

Firstly, it won't matter if its an S or not, apart from the mechanicals they are all the same to restore. Many 69T's even had S' trim, interior and brakes as part of the comfort pack. I would expect up to a 100K to get it looking original depending on interior condition and another 30k-40 for an original 2.0 S motor depending on what you find.

If it were mine I would get it back to a long hood and build a nice little period style sports purpose/hotrod using as many of the parts you have...

Many victorians will chime in for recommendations on who to take it to. 

Good luck. 

Archived