Panamera Breaks into two

bear924

Was looking for some information on my 911 and came across this:

Thread with more information if anyone is interested

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/panamera/372594-panamera-breaks-two-frame-welds-defective.html

Seems as if the owner won their case via America's lemon laws. Doesn't make me want to run out and buy a Panamera.

Yes, I watched the whole lot while waiting for F1 qualifying to start. Disappointing lack of positive response from Porsche, obviously lawyer-controlled and out-waiting the plaintiff.  She's a very smart, determined person who is being frustrated by Porsche's delaying and obfuscating tactics.  Shameful that it should come to this.

• 2 weeks later...

This is absolutely disgraceful.  I was looking up Panameras as the price is dropping thinking it would be a good family car alternative once I no longer have to drag a pram and porta cot about!

After seeing that tho -  I dont think so!

7 hours ago, amanda said:

This is absolutely disgraceful.  I was looking up Panameras as the price is dropping thinking it would be a good family car alternative once I no longer have to drag a pram and porta cot about!

After seeing that tho -  I dont think so!

Haven't seen you posting for a long time Amanda.   Welcome back (or have I just not been looking where you've been posting???).  If it has been a while, we've still got our 987S that we discussed 4 1/2 years ago (but looking to upgrade to a  981) and I've now got a 996.2 C2

Peter

From the headline I expected to see the car in 2 halves... bit of an over exaggeration. Yes it is bad but in the age of the internet we would of heard of any other weld failures surely! Porsche's response well I am not sure, I think there could be more going on here than stated? Either way it would not stop me buying a Panamera.

The truth will come out eventually, but as people have said lawyers can stymy a lot of things and muddy the waters.....

7 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Haven't seen you posting for a long time Amanda.   Welcome back (or have I just not been looking where you've been posting???).  If it has been a while, we've still got our 987S that we discussed 4 1/2 years ago (but looking to upgrade to a  981) and I've now got a 996.2 C2

Peter

Hi Peter,

i call in every now and then when working night shift!  

Oh nice one on the 987. Has it mostly been trouble free for you? Love the 981. But I need a back seat now so it's out of the Q for some time into the future. But I won't be happy till I have a 911 at some point I think! That's what has me call in sometimes! I think a 996 would be a good choice for me too. 

6 hours ago, ANF said:

From the headline I expected to see the car in 2 halves... bit of an over exaggeration. Yes it is bad but in the age of the internet we would of heard of any other weld failures surely! Porsche's response well I am not sure, I think there could be more going on here than stated? Either way it would not stop me buying a Panamera.

The truth will come out eventually, but as people have said lawyers can stymy a lot of things and muddy the waters.....

I thought that too re over exaggerating the split in half bit. . I think every car manufacturer would behave similarly too. 

Length eise not sure a Pan would fit in our garage!

Archived