Aussie Road trip Suggestions

privatepang

On 7/31/2018 at 8:40 AM, ANF said:

928s have a neat feature where they are rear sun visors that partly cover the rear window to reduce sun/ heat in the rear seats

Actually that was designed so that rear seat passengers couldn't see the speedo reading :D

And before hats were invented.

11 hours ago, ANF said:

Back on topic, there are some great roads in Tassie and some equally great views, along with some attractions suited to young kids (how old are yours?).

From targa stages to flowing country roads and it's all relatively close do no big jaunts needed :)

They will be 5 and 2 by the time we go. Just gotta work out timing. As much fun it would be to go near targa think it would be a bit hectic

6 hours ago, privatepang said:

They will be 5 and 2 by the time we go. Just gotta work out timing. As much fun it would be to go near targa think it would be a bit hectic

I did not mean to watch Targa stages but to drive on some of the route.

I can send you a list of a few places that may be of interest if you like :)

I recall reading about your previous road trip on jdmst! Always thought it was cool, and something I'd like to do. 

My pick is Melbourne via the south coast and alpine region, then onto Tassie... there is just something about taking that boat that adds to the adventure, and of course Tassie is stunning, and great for driving, my only words of advice is; be cautious of the midlands if you're going in/or near winter... I recently had a moment there last month, gorgeous part of the world but she can be cruel! :lol:

a trip on the Spirit at the moment might be a bit of fun.

Plenty of low pressure systems at this time of the year,  Bass Straight would be good for a day trip, so you can see the action.

We went a few years ago on the overnight trip, and i was surprised how long it took just to get to the heads, around midnight from  a 7pm departure.

I’d have agree on heading south to tassie. On my list.  

Depending on time of year you could stop off on the Sapphire Coast for a bit of whale watching. 

http://www.visiteden.com.au/things-to-do/whale-watching-eden/

Plenty to do a bit more inland as well. Again time of year depending the Snowy mountains have some good driving & plenty to do.

https://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/snowy-mountains

Archived