Fresh air through centre vent of 911SC

Angel

Trying to see if anyone has any experience with trying to get fresh air through the centre vent. The AC has been removed, so now am trying to get the fresh air through centre vent also. See photos of current setup at the moment. All I can seem to find is for LHD cars, but not much on RHD. Trying to find out what I need and how I can make this work. Any help/knowledge would be much appreciated.

IMG_4523b.jpg

I just ran a duct from the A/C outlet from under the dash , attached an angled piece of plumbing plastic (painted black so no purist gets knotted knickers) and kept the front A/C fan. It works fine blasting a convection current past your sweating bod on a warm day. If you were inclined you could get creative with snap on duct extensions, like a real urban OTLW!

Plenty of info and pictures on PP.  The colour coded air flow diagrams at the start help to explain the system  

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/385784-retrofitting-non-c-ventilation-ducts.html

On 8/2/2018 at 5:18 PM, tazzieman said:

I just ran a duct from the A/C outlet from under the dash , attached an angled piece of plumbing plastic (painted black so no purist gets knotted knickers) and kept the front A/C fan. It works fine blasting a convection current past your sweating bod on a warm day. If you were inclined you could get creative with snap on duct extensions, like a real urban OTLW!

I think this would be recirculating cabin air, not drawing fresh air. 

11 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

I think this would be recirculating cabin air, not drawing fresh air. 

Convection current is all you need. Fresh air comes from those pieces of glass above the door.
If you're suffering sweat rash from stop start CBD traffic in summer, I can't help you. A consequence of choices :Chuckle2:
A back wax might help.

Since your fresh air to the side vents comes in via the grill above the bonnet and travels through the fan box you need to tap into a hose from the fan box to a vent.  You need a "y" piece or splitter, preferably in the tube that goes to the passengers side, with one exit hose going to the passengers vent and the other to the centre vent.

22 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

I was just about to load that same diagram. Cheers.

Be aware that this diagram is of a LHD car, but the principle is the same. 

OZ, per the PET remarks column the /LL & /RL generally designate what is LHD & RHD specific.

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

LL -> Linkslenker 

RL -> Rechtslenker

ie LHD and RHD respectively 

In case I wasn't the only one wondering what the initials were shorthand for. 

Sorta like instructions. Looked at the diagram, yeah I know what's going on, didn't look at the narrative. Part 20 isn't there but thanks Peter, I have learnt something today...now I need nanny nap ?

I was looking to do the same thing when I restored my old SC.  I tried to get hold of part 20 but had no luck so I found a suitable Y piece on eBay.  I think the brand was Webasto.

I also bought new flexi ducting as you can see from the pic.

It worked pretty well, although this method splits the air flow so it's a strong as the when the air con fan is installed.

IMG_7164.JPG

Archived