Headlight yellow tint quick strawpoll before and after

11 hours ago, Raven said:

Not a fan of the yellow headlights ..................Sorry 

All so what is the purpose of the yellow head light lenses is it just to create a different look eg a racing rally look from days gone ,,,only ask as I often see this on P cars and wonder why owners do this.. 

Thanks Raven, yes just a racing throwback and looks good often and sometimes not, definately works on period cars with round headlights I reckon.

11 hours ago, Ozvino said:

Not a fan - looks like half of the 90s cars on the road where the lights are starting to yellow from baking in the sun

Great looking car thought - stance and wheels look very cool, they are such an underrated car

Dont give the police any additional excuse to pick you up is my approach- it never ends well

Point taken and yes, I love it and often choose it over the 996 depending on the mood.

10 hours ago, Barks said:

I like it mate!

Thanks for your input Barks.

10 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

solid no from me especially with the amber indicator light in the same housing. maybe if that was clear and you used a stronger yellow.

Was told exactly that today by a mate as well Clutch. The yellow is a touch stronger than the picture and in some lights even a bit stronger which looks a bit too full on for my liking.

10 hours ago, Peter M said:

No from me.  That colour reminds me of nicotine stains.

Hahahha and when the sun hits it a certain angles looks almost like vitamin piss. Thanks Peter.

10 hours ago, AdRock said:

Firstly... I like them. Although I think the yellow tint looks a bit faded, maybe a different shade of yellow would be even better.

Secondly... I've never understood why people ask for people's opinions on their car. It's your car, who cares what other people think. If you like it, then that's all that matters. 

Thirdly... While you are not caring about other people's opinions, I reckon a matt black wrap on the bonnet to match the soft top and maybe some leather straps on the bonnet for a bit of a poke at being a 'classic' and you're done.   :)

Well It's sitting at about 5 all and a coupla maybe/maybe nots. I'm usually not indecisive in anything I do and decided to leave them awhile and see if I get used to them. Less is more sometimes and a fineline when you overstep the style line and take things from cool to wanker. It's the shape and the amber that's throwing me, if it was 987 It'd be a goer so I thought I'd ask the culture kings here. If undecided I'd usually leave well enough alone. Will probably pull them off in a few weeks and see if I miss them - easy enough to do it again and cost $20 for the tint. I have the wrap to put on the bonnet and I'll do that before deciding if to remove the tint. I have leather straps on my other modded silver Boxster along with steelies for period look. I'm putting chrome bonnet pins on this one. Thanks for your thoughts Adrock.

10 hours ago, ANF said:

As much fun as it is giving "feed back" on others mods, I have to totally agree. If I wish to do something to my car, I think it over and just do it :)

Back to "helping" with your dilemma :ph34r:
You need a car that has scope to colour some lights while keeping the main ones clear :P

Thanks mate, couldn't sleep last night and was off my runny eggs this morn such is the stress.... I might even be joining the 928 ranks in the new year:cool07:

9 hours ago, tazzieman said:

I consulted Yoda. He said "Man liking yellow lights jaundiced view will have"

That's already my view of the state of the world Tassie, only Porsches and driving brightens my life! And your wit and knowledge:D

2 hours ago, firstone said:

I like the crisp definition of the clear against the black, especially with chrome wheels. 

What change have you made to your suspension? Sits nicely on your wheels.

Yes those beautiful headlights have certainly grown on me over the years, I like the early clear against the full amber bottoms, most seem to upgrade to full clear. might do one yellow tint and leave one clear? hahahhaha

Suspension yes was a full set of fully adjustable coilovers with adjustible camber settings, adjustable dampering. Dropped it down 2 inches and could go more but will get front wheel rub and atm it's about 80mm off the ground lowest point. I have the damper set pretty firm, pretty hard, and run over poo and I can tell if it's roo or wombat! I don't mind the hard ride and it sits so flat in the bends on rails. If I wanted a 25 or 30mm drop to sit it just nice and without affecting factory ride too much I'd go the Niko route with the lowering Eibachs, His Cayman sits really nice, pics in the enthusiast section if you missed them.

4 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Well I am a purist - a lovechild of these two is the aim. Am I still welcome to the 928 club …

Image result for rat outlaw 928Image result for rat outlaw 928

Hmmm, the first is ok, the blue "beast" will see you excommunicated!! :D

I can be partial to the odd Strosek or even Gemballa!

1 minute ago, P-Kay said:

Ooooooooooooh....THAT blue one is tasty!

You too @P-Kay :cool07:

On 8/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, tazzieman said:

I have yellow tint on my 928 fog lights. A little nod to the drummer's car.

Which brand of tint did you use for your fog lights Tazzie? I have been toying with the fog light tint idea for my 964 after being unsuccessful in sourcing yellow replacement lenses. 

Sorry to thread hijack (but it is in theme). Regarding your Boxster lights, i think the tint is too mellow. If you are going to do it, then darker yellow in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Which brand of tint did you use for your fog lights Tazzie? I have been toying with the fog light tint idea for my 964 after being unsuccessful in sourcing yellow replacement lenses. 

something off ebay but I can only check back to 2016. I'll check order off my gmail tonight.It is a good product.

3 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

something off ebay but I can only check back to 2016. I'll check order off my gmail tonight.It is a good product.

Thanks Tazzie, i'll take a look on eBay too.

3 hours ago, poli84 said:

Sorry to thread hijack (but it is in theme). Regarding your Boxster lights, i think the tint is too mellow. If you are going to do it, then darker yellow in my opinion. 

This is the tint I used Poli and here's another shot of it in different light ….. I'm not a fan of how they look here...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220cm-x-30cm-Car-Fog-Tail-Headlight-Tint-Film-Yellow-Amber-Sheet-Decorate-Decals/123022163242?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

t1rstRP.jpg

On 8/14/2018 at 2:32 PM, Troubleshooter said:

This is the tint I used Poli and here's another shot of it in different light ….. I'm not a fan of how they look here...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220cm-x-30cm-Car-Fog-Tail-Headlight-Tint-Film-Yellow-Amber-Sheet-Decorate-Decals/123022163242?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

t1rstRP.jpg

On 8/14/2018 at 3:21 PM, tazzieman said:

Excellent, thanks guys!

Archived