Alonso retires!

ANF

From the Webber book, he retired at the top of his game like Alonso. He was able to move into a real team (all on the same page) in the WEC and cited being sick of the incessant politics and team media demands, the lengthy season, travel and his portion of  time not being able to be spent with family - (his aging parents and siblings) after decades of their full support while he was chasing the dream. Kimi (Mr Personality )will be next and the sport will be worse off for that. Greener pastures for Fernando no doubt.

As mentioned in the Dan thread, it's not about money with the guys at the top of the game. I dare say he wouldn't have retired if Ferrari or Mercedes offered him a gig. I reckon he'll go to IndyCar full time for a shot at the Indy 500 and the occasional Toyota Le Mans drive

"Alonso cited a “lack of action” on the track as a major factor in his retirement, claiming the results of what is described as the pinnacle of motorsport were “too predictable”."

He'll just move to where's there's more action.
Just a change of jobs when it gets boring. Y'all understand!

On 8/17/2018 at 12:29 PM, tazzieman said:

"Alonso cited a “lack of action” on the track as a major factor in his retirement, claiming the results of what is described as the pinnacle of motorsport were “too predictable”."

He'll just move to where's there's more action.
Just a change of jobs when it gets boring. Y'all understand!

That's when I move jobs

Archived