Jump to content
911virgin

the New 992 911!

Recommended Posts

140 page thread on this on Rennlist with some more recent images ............not a fan of the rear tail lights and the 3 brake light ,,,we still will not 100% know until the release as there are several combinations of rear end details on test mules getting around ...

 

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/973415-2019-next-generation-992-spy-pics-140.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this was mentioned just yesterday in another thread, about on the 996/7 & 991 where the bar meets the guard around the headlamp ( I think its fine btw).. now the question is answered, this looks shocking to me that one big line. 

 

911_5_0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, edgy said:

this was mentioned just yesterday in another thread, about on the 996/7 & 991 where the bar meets the guard around the headlamp ( I think its fine btw).. now the question is answered, this looks shocking to me that one big line. 

 

911_5_0.jpg

I Am not a fan off that either ,,,,,,,unfortunately there is a video floating around of about half a dozen black test mules in L.A and San Fran area and they all have that front guard and bonnet detail ,,,there are different bumpers and other minor difference on the cars but that detail remains the same on all ,,,,,kinda gives the impression that  will be the finished product ...???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, edgy said:

this was mentioned just yesterday in another thread, about on the 996/7 & 991 where the bar meets the guard around the headlamp ( I think its fine btw).. now the question is answered, this looks shocking to me that one big line. 

 

911_5_0.jpg

That looks much better and has some thought put into it! Not a fan of those big ugly grilles though!

The rest just looks like a 991.... which by the looks is what buyers want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original 911 was a cute good looking girl. Now she is a  big old dame who has had too much plastic surgery.
It is a fact that modern Porsches (cars in general) are not especially good looking.
But I'll grant they have lower emissions than the girls of the 60s!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

But I'll grant they have lower emissions than the girls of the 60s!

At what cost though......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raven said:

I Am not a fan off that either ,,,,,,,unfortunately there is a video floating around of about half a dozen black test mules in L.A and San Fran area and they all have that front guard and bonnet detail ,,,there are different bumpers and other minor difference on the cars but that detail remains the same on all ,,,,,kinda gives the impression that  will be the finished product ...???

It doesn't look right! 

 

From the side profile also, its not a nice clean continuos line through the rest of the car, this line (ok for simple speak lets call it the seam, where the bar meets the metalwork) at the rear is off to the front, it is at eyebrow height (top of the arch) at the rear, then a few inches lower than the eyebrow of the guard at the front, and appears to run through the rim. 

911_20.jpg

 

Although not perfect on the 991 its better, or at least gives the impression of a more continuos line. 

Porsche-991-911-04.jpg

Similar to the 991 on the 997, the line appears to run about the eyebrow height of the wheel 

__large__rs13138.jpg

 

Dead perfect on the longhood! :D 

porsche-911-carrera-rs-4.jpg?itok=FA3zU1

 

I think the other genius (or pupose) of the front bar seam being where it is in the prior models, is you are somewhat losing the seam, by placing it through the shortest path. 

It is also nice that the hood (bonnet/frunk lid) is shorter on the prior cars, it finishes higher than the lowest point of the headlamp. 

Ie 

used-2007-porsche-911-gt3rscoupe-8431-17

 

New one is a "long hood" :lol:

911_5_0.jpg

 

I'm sure someone with more design savvy can correct my shitty translation... 

 

1 hour ago, ANF said:

That looks much better and has some thought put into it!

I will agree to disagree... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, edgy said:

I will agree to disagree... 

More than happy with that! We all look at things differently :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought vacuum cleaner and air conditioning designers used the 911 as inspiration, now it appears to be the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry (and I know this is going to upset some people) but I've had enough of the basic 911 shape being minutely changed with every model.

I really do think it's time for Porsche to bite the bullet and design a whole new car that doesn't resemble the basic 911 shape as their flagship model.

I know the 928 was intended for that purpose but lets face it the 911 shape has now been done to death. There are only so many stickers and spoiler designs out there.

Some of the recent concept cars seem to fit the bill.

Ferrari seem to get away with it (washing my mouth out with soap now?).

"Build it and they will come"

Ok i'm off o/s where 911 owners can't find me?

 

3legs (ex 924, 911, 930 owner)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I'm sorry (and I know this is going to upset some people) but I've had enough of the basic 911 shape being minutely changed with every model.

I really do think it's time for Porsche to bite the bullet and design a whole new car that doesn't resemble the basic 911 shape as their flagship model.

I know the 928 was intended for that purpose but lets face it the 911 shape has now been done to death. There are only so many stickers and spoiler designs out there.

Some of the recent concept cars seem to fit the bill.

Ferrari seem to get away with it (washing my mouth out with soap now?).

"Build it and they will come"

Ok i'm off o/s where 911 owners can't find me?

 

3legs (ex 924, 911, 930 owner)

 

The whole point of the 911 is evolution, changing "the basic silhouette" would mean a new model.

I'd welcome a new variant, but lets face it (and using the past as a reference) a 928 aint a 911, 2 totally different cars... better if they live together in harmony, buy one or the other or both if you can. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really disagreeing with you Edgy but I just think the 911 has evolved about as far as it can without changing to a new model.

You're right a 928 is no 911, It's better??? I'm kidding.................................... .or am I ?

Some of the recent concept cars still have the basic 2 door shape but don't have the silhouette of a 911 but still look sensational (although we all know when they release a car it looks nothing like the concept).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grinner said:

I am biased but I believe 911's are just too large nowadays.

I tend to agree.  It looks rather beefy.  Could do well in the USA. And those squinty rear lights ....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that new front ‘grille’ copied from the new Cayenne?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate the front "Air conditioner" grills, back grills, razor thin back lights and out of proportion lengths from bottom of windscreen to both bumpers. Never thought I'd say it, time to change those proportions, move the front cockpit back, ditch the back seats, engine forward and shorten the overall length. Bloody easy, what could possibly go wrong with my plan hahhaaha

5 minutes ago, Merv said:

Is that new front ‘grille’ copied from the new Cayenne?

No from a Fujitsu split system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Hate the front "Air conditioner" grills, back grills, razor thin back lights and out of proportion lengths from bottom of windscreen to both bumpers. Never thought I'd say it, time to change those proportions, move the front cockpit back, ditch the back seats, engine forward and shorten the overall length. Bloody easy, what could possibly go wrong with my plan hahhaaha

x100

just looks like a mess, and there is no cohesion front to back.

997 owners rejoice, I recon you all just got a 10 point bump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoom in - that black plastic doesn’t look like  final fit, the intakes are a different shape - my guess is that’s  camouflage - I hope......

3.0l turbo is the other big detractor imho....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Zoom in - that black plastic doesn’t look like  final fit, the intakes are a different shape - my guess is that’s  camouflage - I hope......

3.0l turbo is the other big detractor imho....

I hope you are right, but the is a raised line running behind the number plate that has to hook up with something?!

I have to say it looks the most like a previous version yet...…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Never thought I'd say it, time to change those proportions, move the front cockpit back, ditch the back seats, engine forward and shorten the overall length. Bloody easy, what could possibly go wrong with my plan hahhaaha

So build a more powerful Cayman? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×