the New 992 911!

911virgin

The frunk has a squared off look about it which i don't like and don't get me started on those grilles, what a horrid look. When you look at the front guards at different angles it has a VW Beetle look about it as well, i also read somewhere that this iteration would have some styling cues from the 993 thrown in hence the big ass? I don't mind the look of the hips on this car.

911_5_0.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

it has a VW Beetle look about it as well,

Funny, I showed them to my significant other last night, that is exactly what she said=  beetle! :lol: 

I am sure they'll make it palatable by the time we see a production car... but I'm hardly excited based on the "spy shots" ... 

3 hours ago, Dave986 said:

So build a more powerful Cayman? ?

Hhahah they answered their own question to the problem of the too large run out of options 911 with the GT4. Tweak up the power dept and turbo it for, respectively, a GT3 and Turbo/GT2 replacement and tweak down the body adornments for Carrera replacement. So easy huh!B):lol:  It'd destroy the  Porsche marketing  and they'd need to come up with the 2020 mod 928 to save the company!

36 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Thought so. Not having a 991 I didn’t know it was already available ?

I am pretty sure it was a very expensive option and not standard ..... at least on 991.1 ,,,not sure about .2

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I am pretty sure it was a very expensive option and not standard ..... at least on 991.1 ,,,not sure about .2

correct, options on both - crazy money for active cruise, lane departure etc. 

$35k Hyundai comes loaded with that stuff, needs to be optioned on a $300k 911...

BTW

anyone else notice the dash? Zoom in - they have cardboard over it, looks underneath like its got a hump that differs from 911s of the past incl. 991

21 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

correct, options on both - crazy money for active cruise, lane departure etc. 

$35k Hyundai comes loaded with that stuff, needs to be optioned on a $300k 911...

BTW

anyone else notice the dash? Zoom in - they have cardboard over it, looks underneath like its got a hump that differs from 911s of the past incl. 991

The talk is the Dash will be very similar to the new Macan dash .. again this is just talk ...???

ce54e208_7b54_4aaf_869e_1b4bd242a3e4_522

The main thing I can not stand is the High mount brake light ,,I honestly hope this is just something put on the mules and the final car will either not have it or have something with a little more style about it .......The one in vid looks like some crap from supercheap auto that they stuck on with double sided tape ...

8 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Porsche used to say they defined their sports cars by having no front radiator/grill. But those designers are now RIP.

Those designers cling desperately to their belief that if is it below the headlight line then it is not a grill, merely an air intake.... and they could probably sell ice to the Eskimo's...… (well they would bloody try to!)

The Cayenne is a prime example of this, massive grills, but to Porsche it has none.....

49 minutes ago, ANF said:

Those designers cling desperately to their belief that if is it below the headlight line then it is not a grill, merely an air intake.... and they could probably sell ice to the Eskimo's...… (well they would bloody try to!)

The Cayenne is a prime example of this, massive grills, but to Porsche it has none.....

To be fair , the KN is no sports car. And it could be argued the 911 is now a GT like car , the 928 they are frightened to build.

It's not, but it is still the official Porsche line that none of it's cars have a grill and that none never will.....

I think they are starting to believe their own BS...….

For all the stories of a new 928, it will never be...… another transaxle car will never come from Porsche and if it has not got that it's not a 928. Kind of like having a non flat 6 911......

The 911 has become a metaphor for Porsche, not its commercial reality.  Even if they kept making the original 911, SC, or the 993 or the 959, or Carrera GT as a tribute to their past it might have more meaning than these successive aberrations of an innovative and courageous original design.  One has to wonder what they are really planning as its replacement as a 'sports' car, as it seems to be becoming more myth than reality. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have just read a 4 car shootout between the 991,  Mclaren something, Audi R8 and the new Aston, the Porsche was rated best overall, which is nice, but boy did it look bland and boring compared to the rest! It just does not look special when in company, looks great by itself though....

And the new 992 looks very similar...

• 2 months later...

Archived