the New 992 911!

911virgin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Sorry, it’s just a mess, bit of Panamera, Cayenne, 718 & not much 911.

Obviously this is not the finish production car yet but all of the pre production mules I have seen have all had these rear end design details ,,,,I honestly hope this is not the finished product ...:(

6 hours ago, JV911 said:

Not sure I like the light "bar" across the rear...

Yep, I’m not sure I like:

- the integrated exhaust

- the centre brake light in the decklid

- the decklid the way it integrates with the swoop of the rear window

- the integrated rear wing 

- the Venetian blinds in the front air ducts

- the fact that it’s got “advanced driver technologies” (I thought in a 911that would be the driver - ffs!)

- the rear light bar (I’m not sure that I’m not sure about this)

- I think it’s longer than the prev model (I’m sure I don’t like that, i mean how friggen big can these cars get?)

- while I’m at it... don’t like the all turbo, reduced cc capacity across the range - emissions, meh!

i like:  - the wide body look

That’ll do for now... 

‘Member the days when a 911 decklid came up to your shin and not your elbow?  I remember...

The side profile must just about match a mustang now except for the bluff front.  But then standing the lights up a bit to make some torpedo tubes would make it more interesting.

what will they call the turbo now?  Time for ‘turbo carrera’ to make a comeback?

It still looks like a 911, they have done their job. They have tried to modernise the design, it works a bit, I like the fact that they tried, just recycling the same old design ethos is a bit boring to me....

Porsche will sell everyone one they can make too!

From my understanding the LA Motor show is the official unveiling of the 992 ,,,this is only a few days away so expect to see it very soon ...

Also there is a VIP an press day before the opening day of show so we may see some images in the next 24hrs ...

7 hours ago, ANF said:

Porsche will sell everyone one they can make too!

Ah, nah, good luck.  They couldn't sell every 991...

I like it though, looks a little rounder or bulbous, in a good way.

I feel in reality the 911 has been making a slow conservative march towards being a Grand Tourer.

The Boxster and Cayman are the sports cars now this new design looks far more like a GT and looks the goods.

I think the 991.2 GT3 Touring will be the peak of 911 evolution... all down hill from here 😉

Old one is better blah blah blah new one is too soft etc etc. Same response, rinse and repeat every 10 years or so (5 if you include the .2s)...

I like it!

https://gtpurelyporsche.com/new-911-officially-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR240JoHLOPu6s2iHEX0EjaWXtsUXr9nH5rU3j3cKnLqePvE46SMXB8OCjk

This wont go down well!!
"Importantly there will no longer be narrow and wide body 911s, all will now feature haunches as wide, if not wider, than those typically reserved for Turbo models"

They all ride on the wide body chassis now .....The high mount brake light really dosnt appeal to me :( but I am certain some after market supplier will come up with a novel way of removing it and replacing it with some thing that looks better ..

09e114c4-1129-4bd8-9e5f-3d14402fe284-tea

2020-porsche-911-1.jpg

photo398.jpg

Archived