the New 992 911!

911virgin

I like it, the interior is awesome the body is curvaceous, a rather lovely evolution of the 911 shape and those door handles are just perfect. The rear is bold and makes a real statement also.

Reading some of the earlier dialog regarding people wanting to see Harris ring the 911'S neck in the marketing promo, this is not that 911, the Carrera and CarreraS versions are sports cars for the road with the ability to track if you want to. That marketing has always been held for the GT/RS Cars, it has always been the case its like a good song you start out at a level then slowly build to the chorus, with the 911 that ends with none other than the GT2RS.

Change is natural it adds to the memories and allows us to savour our generation or generations of choice.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should do away with the shifter altogether ala Mercedes. That thing looks ridiculous. Switch gear looks really nice, and like the new screen + overall dash feel. Another shot I saw of the seats had a very Audi RS 5-8yrs ago feel. Bulky.

On 01/12/2018 at 17:21, Scott SS964 said:

I like it, the interior is awesome the body is curvaceous, a rather lovely evolution of the 911 shape and those door handles are just perfect. The rear is bold and makes a real statement also.

Reading some of the earlier dialog regarding people wanting to see Harris ring the 911'S neck in the marketing promo, this is not that 911, the Carrera and CarreraS versions are sports cars for the road with the ability to track if you want to. That marketing has always been held for the GT/RS Cars, it has always been the case its like a good song you start out at a level then slowly build to the chorus, with the 911 that ends with none other than the GT2RS.

Change is natural it adds to the memories and allows us to savour our generation or generations of choice.

Scott, you make good points... ok, Im starting to agree with you looking at it again... deep breaths phil.  😏

But the door handles ? Yeah, nah, maybe.... ok, I guess they gotta move forward too but do they have to show them off in the first 30 secs... Its like THE big thing.   

The reason it looks like a 350 is because the 240 was a 911 copy without the low front and the chopped off back.

The 350 was an evolution of the 240 design language and now the 911 has evolved to have a high front and high back, so they are converging.

It needs to get down low and stop with the comedy sized wheels.  The engine is in the back so why the big bluff front?  To look like a panamera? 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, after a few weeks of settling in....I’ve decided there are still 2things I hate about the 992. Most other things I’ve gotten used to, so I’m ok with.... but these 2 still stick in my craw:

1) the third brake light - the  2vertical bars in the decklid. It may be integrated by design with decklid grate but it just looks silly. 

2) this is hard to explain but at the front they’ve made all the lower apron all black (no duco  coloured vertical bits connecting upper to lower lip) and therefore it gives the overall look like a wide mouthed frog. That is the upper section (looks like) it’s no longer connected to the front lip of the spoiler. It looks like a wide opening right across.... am I making sense. Anyway, don’t like this!

On 1 December 2018 at 17:24, Raven said:

2020-porsche-911-109-1543337534.jpg

On 1 December 2018 at 22:04, sleazius said:

They should do away with the shifter altogether ala Mercedes. That thing looks ridiculous. Switch gear looks really nice, and like the new screen + overall dash feel. Another shot I saw of the seats had a very Audi RS 5-8yrs ago feel. Bulky.

That's the new Remington option.

81gr7s6zTIL._SX355_.jpg.fd4c4aaa36d95998a8d0fd3def29bbdc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived