Upgrades to 3.2 911

Cos911

Cos,

Can I respectfully suggest you toddle off to your nearest tyre dealer and buy a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003's in the same sizes. 

I've found these to transform the handling if the current tyres are not so good - which I'm confident is the case - and will make if feel much more neutral and predictable and as you want, stick.

They are also very affordable.

While it is up on the hoist with the suspension fully extended, have a look at top of one of the front struts, just below the dust cover to see if the outside or the inside of the strut housing is threaded.  In '85 they changed from one type of gland nut to the other and you'll need to know when it comes to ordering replacement strut inserts if you find you need them.  Also take note of the brand and colour of the strut.

I run 30 and 36psi front and rear respectively.

You most likely have 6 and 7 inch rims.  That's actually OK and ideal for a street car.

What's wrong with the brakes? 

5 hours ago, Peter M said:

Cos,

Can I respectfully suggest you toddle off to your nearest tyre dealer and buy a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE003's in the same sizes. 

I've found these to transform the handling if the current tyres are not so good - which I'm confident is the case - and will make if feel much more neutral and predictable and as you want, stick.

They are also very affordable.

While it is up on the hoist with the suspension fully extended, have a look at top of one of the front struts, just below the dust cover to see if the outside or the inside of the strut housing is threaded.  In '85 they changed from one type of gland nut to the other and you'll need to know when it comes to ordering replacement strut inserts if you find you need them.  Also take note of the brand and colour of the strut.

I run 30 and 36psi front and rear respectively.

You most likely have 6 and 7 inch rims.  That's actually OK and ideal for a street car.

What's wrong with the brakes? 

+ 1 on the Bridgestone Potenza RE003.  If you are lucky with your timing Bridgestone often do a buy 3 get 4th free deal.

Hi Pete had a set of Bridgestone potenzas fitted today & they feel great, I will take for a bendy run on the weekend & really give them a work out, thanks again for your recommendations.

Cos

15 hours ago, Peter M said:

Cos,

Just check the tyre pressures before you go as I've noticed tyre fitters just seem to use 35psi for everything.

15 hours ago, Peter M said:

Cos,

Just check the tyre pressures before you go as I've noticed tyre fitters just seem to use 35psi for everything.

Lol Pete will do cheers

Archived