Insurance

Dom

I found it much easier to deal with insurance companies once I locked in to my head that insurance companies are a profit making enterprise and you don’t make a profit if you pay out. Delaying the payout for as long as possible to wear you down to take a lower figure is a tactic too. You ask nicely three times and then you go to the ombudsman and then you get your own new friend from the insurance company! Simples 😂

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Australian Financial Complaints Authority 

Lee have a look at both local fair trading and insurance ombudsman to see which is your best path of least resistance and cost. I would call Shannon’s first and have the discussion if they won’t budge,  register a formal complaint over the phone or via website threatening the ombudsman. Working in financial services I can attest that a formal complaint will have a complaints service level they have to measure and report and then if escalated to a regulator/complaints authority, gets people’s attention very quickly as it has cost, time and reputation. I had an issue with NRMA last year on my daughters car and did the above. Fortunately I didn’t need to go to the ombudsman to have it resolved as the threat was there. Good luck.

4 hours ago, thumperson said:

Delaying the payout for as long as possible to wear you down to take a lower figure is a tactic too. 

Oh I definitely got worn down with it, yet should have dug my heels in. Thanks for that

Cheers @Tips I'll look into that

I have a very good example/case of insurance company assessor acting unconscionable, sadly through my first hand experience with it, and it does make my blood boil every time I think about it. 

They play the war of attrition on you, that is for sure... but mark my word, that is one industry that has a disruption coming its way, sooner or later. 

So I've been told yesterday @edgy Sounds like it's going to be interesting.

Normally I just go with the flow, accept whatever is handed to me and not cause a stir (yet have a whinge later), but lately I'm tired of all business owners big and small, be it insurance or the local burger shop thinking they have the monopoly, when all you have to do is avoid them and seek a better deal elsewhere to wake them up a bit 

15 minutes ago, LeeM said:

So I've been told yesterday @edgy Sounds like it's going to be interesting.

Normally I just go with the flow, accept whatever is handed to me and not cause a stir (yet have a whinge later), but lately I'm tired of all business owners big and small, be it insurance or the local burger shop thinking they have the monopoly, when all you have to do is avoid them and seek a better deal elsewhere to wake them up a bit 

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing? My insurance comment was in regards to a silver GT3... :lol: The blue one is a totally different story at the moment... god I hope the conversation didn't change in a week, it'd be news to me.

And, the first thing people in general need to be mindful of, is that no one owes you shit in this life, so you've always gotta earn you're keep.. especially in the day & age where loyalty is for the most part,  a thing of the past. 

Archived