private collection Porsches coming up at next SHANNONS

A soft window Targa for that price? A Samba Kombi for that price? Man are their estimates LOW! Last Samba went for over  $200k and from what I was told wasn't exactly very well restored 

10 minutes ago, LeeM said:

A soft window Targa for that price? A Samba Kombi for that price? Man are their estimates LOW! Last Samba went for over  $200k and from what I was told wasn't exactly very well restored 

Shannon's expected price ranges are on the opposite spectrum of Dutton's tax - add/deduct 15% for the general value

26 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I thought the same.    All the prices for the first four are low I reckon.   Be interesting to see what they finally go for..

7 hours ago, Dreamr said:

They are renowned for lowballing their estimates ....

It gets people excited about being able to own one at well under value ...

They know their stuff and are fully aware they are worth more ...

sounds like a few real estate agents I know... ?

It wasn't that long ago (late 90's) that you couldn't give away a Ferrari 400i. I remember passing one up for sale at $15k. Ok it did need some work but not on the engine and was driveable.

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

It wasn't that long ago (late 90's) that you couldn't give away a Ferrari 400i. I remember passing one up for sale at $15k. Ok it did need some work but not on the engine and was driveable.

Impact bumper and longhoods suffered the same shame ... ?

4 hours ago, 3legs said:

Supposedly a crappy drive.  Anyone know how low F40's got to here?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, OnSafari said:

Aren't these from the Porsche Classics Webster collection? Most of the inspections reports were not favourable, the 912 didn't run, the Ferrari woudn't rev / idle, oil leaks.

Sounds like typical 'features' of cars that have been sitting in a collection. ?

Archived