Porsche 991.2 911 Connect and connect+

Hello

I have recently purchased a 991.2 911 carerra and was wondering how this connect and connect+ options work.

For the remote functions from your phone using the porsche app, do you need to insert an external SIM card with some data on it into the car itself?

Also, the car has the option to connect to a WIFI hotspot. I tried to setup my phone as a WIFI hotspot and connect to it from the car, however it keeps giving me an 'incorrect password' error when entering in the WIFI key. Has anyone experienced this issue (obviously I'm entering in the right password). If the car is connected to a WIFI hotspot, what functionality does this unlock for the car?

6 hours ago, porsche718 said:

Hello

I have recently purchased a 991.2 911 carerra and was wondering how this connect and connect+ options work.

For the remote functions from your phone using the porsche app, do you need to insert an external SIM card with some data on it into the car itself?

Also, the car has the option to connect to a WIFI hotspot. I tried to setup my phone as a WIFI hotspot and connect to it from the car, however it keeps giving me an 'incorrect password' error when entering in the WIFI key. Has anyone experienced this issue (obviously I'm entering in the right password). If the car is connected to a WIFI hotspot, what functionality does this unlock for the car?

I just tried to connect the app but I can’t find the wi-fi setting in the PCM???? Where did you find your wi-fi setting??

Update, LTE phone module required is not available unless your car is a 2018 model. 

I have connect+ running.  The car needs its own dedicated SIM card installed (buy a standard SIM with a data package).  The car can then connect to the Porsche servers that in turn connect to the app on your phone.  It needs to be activated by the service dept.  You should receive an e-mail from Porsche with instructions on how to create an account and setup the app etc.  Once setup it works perfectly .

Archived