964 RS Engine Mounts

poli84

Looking for a pair of 964 RS engine mounts in good condition (I believe they are the same for 993). Looking at ordering a pair online but if anyone has some uninstalled locally (new or used), please let me know.

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

why do you want to do that?

Why do I want to install RS mounts? A few reasons, the main one I am interested in is to smooth up the shifting and remove any notchiness. I drove Andy's 964 when Fraz owned it and was amazed at the way his shifted with upgraded motor mounts. Assuming my 150k km car is on the original mounts, they should also tighten up the back a bit and remove any play that may be there from worn mounts which would be felt on fast twisty driving.

From all reports online, it is a worthwhile upgrade and I have been meaning to do it for a little while now. 

Wevo do a semi solid for 964 along with RSS ,Rennline and a number of other company,s all improve shift quality and limit the engine movement for increased stability ...Any were from $350 to $400 a set 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Wevo do a semi solid for 964 along with RSS ,Rennline and a number of other company,s all improve shift quality and limit the engine movement for increased stability ...Any were from $350 to $400 a set 

Thanks Raven appreciate the suggestion. I have been looking into the Wevo and Rennline ones with comparison to the factory RS but at this stage, I'd prefer the OEM RS ones. Reviews of the RS mounts seems to suggest that they offer the lowest increase in NVH while still offering the increased shift quality and limited engine movement. Of course this is all subjective and based on internet reviews but it's what I am working off. 

17 hours ago, Chris-p said:

Put the RS mounts in my 993 and one of the best mods I did. It brought the car alive and made me feel much more connected to it. The wevo ones are a bit more stiffer and do increase the NVH. 

Thanks Chris, that fuels my search even further!

17 hours ago, Chris-p said:

Put the RS mounts in my 993 and one of the best mods I did. It brought the car alive and made me feel much more connected to it. The wevo ones are a bit more stiffer and do increase the NVH. 

+ 1 on the Wevo`s way too much NVH for me,some swear by them, but some also walk on flames and tattoo their genitals, RS Perfect

22 hours ago, poli84 said:

Looking for a pair of 964 RS engine mounts in good condition (I believe they are the same for 993). Looking at ordering a pair online but if anyone has some uninstalled locally (new or used), please let me know.

I'd be interested in a bulk buy if there was a discount on shipping and multi buys. One set for my 964 and one set for my 993.

Do you know whats the approximate labour hours to swap these in?

7 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

I'd be interested in a bulk buy if there was a discount on shipping and multi buys. One set for my 964 and one set for my 993.

Do you know whats the approximate labour hours to swap these in?

An hour tops 

3 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Steve, did you change out all the bolts, washers, etc or just the mounts and re-use the existing hardware?

Jeez,  it was a while ago, but I think they came with new bolts, but I can`t be sure as that may have been the Wevo`s

4 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Mounts (x2) 964 375 043 81
Seats (x4) 901 305 311 00
Washers (x4) 999 025 074 02
Bolts (x2) 900 082 030 02
Washers (x4) 999 025 134 02

Parts list required, apparently

Well that shopping list on Pelican comes to USD$483+$56.99 shipping ($738AUD). 

On 5050 Motorsport it is USD$432+117 = AUD$750

40 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Jeez,  it was a while ago, but I think they came with new bolts, but I can`t be sure as that may have been the Wevo`s

Thanks Steve, i'll do some further research.

Wonder whether I can get away with just new mounts plus the bolts and but re-use the other hardware.

32 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Delving deep into my old man memory banks here but I'm pretty sure I recall Fraz telling me he spent around $700 getting them for my car...

Thanks Andy. I've put the feelers out on RL to see whether all the hardware needs to be changed. Will also get on to Porsche Doncaster and see what price I can get locally. 

Bought mine from Gert at Carnewal in Belgium. T-man got his at the same time. Replace the bolts and hardware at the same time would be my advice. Going off memory I recall them costing not much more than Aud 400 or so....

3 hours ago, poli84 said:

Well that shopping list on Pelican comes to USD$483+$56.99 shipping ($738AUD). 

On 5050 Motorsport it is USD$432+117 = AUD$750

Thanks Steve, i'll do some further research.

Wonder whether I can get away with just new mounts plus the bolts and but re-use the other hardware.

Carnewal just came back to me. About AUD$1,020 for 2 sets delivered to Aus (all supporting hardware)

14 hours ago, Chris-p said:

Bought mine from Gert at Carnewal in Belgium. T-man got his at the same time. Replace the bolts and hardware at the same time would be my advice. Going off memory I recall them costing not much more than Aud 400 or so....

Thanks Chris, good info. I guess due to currency exchange changes, the price has gone up considerably. 

13 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Carnewal just came back to me. About AUD$1,020 for 2 sets delivered to Aus (all supporting hardware)

Good news! I've got a price request out locally also. I'll take a look at Carnewal also. 

17 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Thanks Chris, good info. I guess due to currency exchange changes, the price has gone up considerably. 

Good news! I've got a price request out locally also. I'll take a look at Carnewal also. 

Yes we bought ours about 6 or so years ago when the euro was welll over $0.70. So that would have an effect but based on what Reggiegums has been quoted a bit over $500 landed per set isn’t too bad. It’s a great mod and you will immediately notice how much more connected you are to the car....

53 minutes ago, Chris-p said:

Yes we bought ours about 6 or so years ago when the euro was welll over $0.70. So that would have an effect but based on what Reggiegums has been quoted a bit over $500 landed per set isn’t too bad. It’s a great mod and you will immediately notice how much more connected you are to the car....

Thanks Chris, certainly solidified a decision. I think Reggie is getting 2 sets for his cars and he is over in Perth so thought I would see what 1 set sent to Melbourne directly would cost and whether there would be any savings once you factor in cross country shipping. 

54 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Thanks Chris, certainly solidified a decision. I think Reggie is getting 2 sets for his cars and he is over in Perth so thought I would see what 1 set sent to Melbourne directly would cost and whether there would be any savings once you factor in cross country shipping. 

Sorry but I already bought 2 sets from Carnewal last night. There wasn't a discount on multiple purchases and us being so far apart, savings on any shipping would be minimal in any event.

14 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Sorry but I already bought 2 sets from Carnewal last night. There wasn't a discount on multiple purchases and us being so far apart, savings on any shipping would be minimal in any event.

No problem reggie, exactly what i was thinking also, hence why I emailed Carnewal this morning for a shipping price to Melbourne. 

Are you going to install yourself or take it to a shop? Seems pretty easy and straight forward from all accounts. Looking forward to the improvement!

The only tool i can use is my electric toothbrush.

Mechanic will do it. I'm also thinking of getting the Bilstein 6BXT shocks from Carnewal and do it all at once.

Do you know what suspension bushings I should also change at the same time? Want the car to feel tighter and might as well get them done all together.

Archived