964 RS Engine Mounts

poli84

17 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Carnewal just came back to me. About AUD$1,020 for 2 sets delivered to Aus (all supporting hardware)

That's pretty good.  I got the following from Sonnen ex delivery for 370USD .  There is also a diagram to show the order and placements of the washers an seats

43 Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) 1 set #2 SonP5 96437504381 Sonnen     2.00 146.59
` Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) Top Bolt SonP4 90008211801 Sonnen     2.00 2.78
44 Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) Hex Bolt 8X60 SonP4 90037815901 Sonnen     4.00 0.60
45 Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) Washers #4 SonP4 99902513402 Sonnen     4.00 1.40
46 Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) Seats SonP4 90130531100 Sonnen     4.00 4.85
47 Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) Washers SonP4 99902507401 Sonnen     4.00 7.27
45 Porsche  996 GT3RS (aka 964 RS semi engine mounts) Nuts SonP4 99908421501 Sonnen     2.00 1.50

3 hours ago, reggiegums said:

The only tool i can use is my electric toothbrush.

Mechanic will do it. I'm also thinking of getting the Bilstein 6BXT shocks from Carnewal and do it all at once.

Do you know what suspension bushings I should also change at the same time? Want the car to feel tighter and might as well get them done all together.

haha at least you know your limitations!

Not sure on the suspension bushings sorry as I have not changed mine and done no research. I have Bilstein B6 shocks with H&R springs which Carnewal sell as a kit on their site http://www.carnewal.com/products/964/p64017/Bilstein-B6-with-H&R-lowering-springs. Are these what you are referring to?

Very happy with this set up (paired with a Steve Wong front strut bar).

The WEVO kit comes with either a BLACK or a BLUE insert. I forget which is which but one is a lot harder than the other. I have a set in my 964 and there is the slightest amount of extra nvh transmitted.. I like the extra noise and feel! I didn't buy the car to be "comfortable". Also, the WEVO kit comes with everything you need.

Fit them yourself.. you need some basic sockets and a trolley jack to put under the engine case. ie, support engine weight with jack, undo 1 side and remove the mount.. put in the new mount. Then remove and replace the other side. Really simple.

If you are still not sure, I am sure anyone near you will assist; I'd be happy to if you were here in Brisbane.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/WVO-SSEM-C2-BLK&SuperCat=Y&SVSVSI=834.htm

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

The WEVO kit comes with either a BLACK or a BLUE insert. I forget which is which but one is a lot harder than the other. I have a set in my 964 and there is the slightest amount of extra nvh transmitted.. I like the extra noise and feel! I didn't buy the car to be "comfortable". Also, the WEVO kit comes with everything you need.

Fit them yourself.. you need some basic sockets and a trolley jack to put under the engine case. ie, support engine weight with jack, undo 1 side and remove the mount.. put in the new mount. Then remove and replace the other side. Really simple.

If you are still not sure, I am sure anyone near you will assist; I'd be happy to if you were here in Brisbane.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/WVO-SSEM-C2-BLK&SuperCat=Y&SVSVSI=834.htm

Sadly lacking tools and friends.

Thank you very much for offering to help.

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

haha at least you know your limitations!

Not sure on the suspension bushings sorry as I have not changed mine and done no research. I have Bilstein B6 shocks with H&R springs which Carnewal sell as a kit on their site http://www.carnewal.com/products/964/p64017/Bilstein-B6-with-H&R-lowering-springs. Are these what you are referring to?

Very happy with this set up (paired with a Steve Wong front strut bar).

Yes he suggested a B6XT... apparently lowers the car slightly more than just the lowered springs.

Good to hear that the set up is suitable.

20 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Mechanic will do it. I'm also thinking of getting the Bilstein 6BXT shocks from Carnewal and do it all at once.

Do you know what suspension bushings I should also change at the same time? Want the car to feel tighter and might as well get them done all together.

Engine mounts are easy to change. 

Suspension bushings on the other hand. Leave to a pro. The jobs sucks.

20 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Engine mounts are easy to change. 

Suspension bushings on the other hand. Leave to a pro. The job sucks.

I did a heap of research on this before fitting the Porsche RS mounts to the green car.

Reason for the Porsche part over aftermarket was I read somewhere that can’t  find now that suggested the after market mounts are not quite correct in height. I don’t know how true this was but I figured Mr Porsche probably knows what he’s doing so genuine RS were fitted.

@poli84 maaaaate, do you don’t even have to ask me to fit these for you, happily do it one weekend if you like, very easy take about half an hour. 

15 hours ago, Fraz said:

I did a heap of research on this before fitting the Porsche RS mounts to the green car.

Reason for the Porsche part over aftermarket was I read somewhere that can’t  find now that suggested the after market mounts are not quite correct in height. I don’t know how true this was but I figured Mr Porsche probably knows what he’s doing so genuine RS were fitted.

@poli84 maaaaate, do you don’t even have to ask me to fit these for you, happily do it one weekend if you like, very easy take about half an hour. 

Good info Fraz and nice to hear from ya. Similar attitude I have to a lot of parts too, if there is an OEM upgrade then I'd prefer that approach.

Thanks for the offer to help with the install, seems pretty easy though and I have all of the tools at home so will put them in an a sunny Saturday arvo! Let's tee up a drive soon though!

Archived