Rwb

MARTY

29 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

How cool would it be to bolt some billet rod holders on to the wing ? Might even catch a whale!

qUtmT9I.jpg

That’s quality maybe a bottle opener too for when you want to quench your thirst.

Thread derail almost as outrageous as a RWB

https://www.autobahnbound.com/2009/06/10/porsche-beer/

" Porsche should be compared to a high alcohol, quality craft beer from Europe. But then I got to thinking. What makes Porsche unique as a company? Is it performance only? The answer I came up with was Porsche was special because it has standards. It doesn’t make cars for your average Joe commuter, but it doesn’t have that “I have money” effect like a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Porsche is a car made for people who love cars. This leads me to believe that if Porsche was a beer it would be one that was made for people who love beer. The quality would just be a natural part of that. So this leads me to believe that a Porsche would be a beer from either Dogfish Head Brewing, or from Hair of the Dog Brewing. Both these companies stand out for making beer dedicated to consumers who love beer. But that only answers what brand a Porsche would be, not style. But just like there are many models of Porsche, there are many styles of beer. So for that I offer the following pairings.

356 Roadster – Out of all the Porches this one is the most beautiful to me. I’d recommend pairing it with a nice Saison. A semi dry beer with some fruitiness and earthy flavors. Also packs a slight tart kick to it.

911 – This is the Porsche that I see in pictures. For me this conjures up a nice german style lager with a mild bitterness, some light malt flavors, and some hop aromas

Boxter – This car reminds me of a Belgian Wit. A traditional wheat style with some spice to it from the coriander and orange peel. Something the average consumer wouldn’t expect to enjoy, but delightful and complex

Cayman – I needed a car that would pair well with a big beer, and I think the Cayman fits the bill. I’d pair it with a nice drive through the city and an aged barleywine. Barlywines are some of the highest alcohol beers, and I think the Cayman could stand up to being paired with it.

Cayanne – The Cayenne almost didn’t make the pairing list because it’s strange to try and wrap my head around a Porsche SUV. Up for a challenge though I think I found something. An american style amber or brown ale. American Ambers and American Browns are both good styles of beer that manage to get lost in the crowd. With a brown or a red there is always great potential, both for success or failure. But even a successful beer in these categories will always be forgotten for the memory of a bold IPA"

2 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I personally like the RWB, it is a personal reflection of the owner and in some peoples eyes a piece of art.

Live and let live.

Not everyone wants to eat the same food 

Jokes apart Jason I loved it just something different 

I have been lucky enough to drive one on a track in Japan in a 12 hour endurance race. Car performed faultlessly - at least 30% of the cars built are tracked regularly. 

Wider track, big rubber and aero- makes sense.

I expect within the next few years a factory RSR will be the same width based on evolution 

16 minutes ago, Jason A said:

at least 30% of the cars built are tracked regularly. 

That's what most people don't care to understand about RWB and how they came about, nor do they even know about the racing series or how passionate the builder is about Porsche and racing them. I like the race car style of the builds, as they're pretty much in your face with a 'Look at me I'm a race car', just not the hype surrounding them with owners who spend a fair wedge of cash only to pose at Cars and Coffee meets. Some of his modification practises are left to be desired (a bit like the way I've dodgy'd mine I spose), yet I'm sure the owners in Japan who actually race them don't really care

Each to their own as always, I don't like them, but then again they are out there and wild like the 70s, 80s and even 90s 911 "based" racers.... I still would not want one and am thankful he leaves alone the transaxle cars, well at least for now...… :D

I am sure there are more than a few on here who would be all over his "Narro" style…..

CIMG0640-e1399004524381-640x426.jpg

2 hours ago, ANF said:

Each to their own as always, I don't like them, but then again they are out there and wild like the 70s, 80s and even 90s 911 "based" racers.... I still would not want one and am thankful he leaves alone the transaxle cars, well at least for now...… :D

I am sure there are more than a few on here who would be all over his "Narro" style…..

CIMG0640-e1399004524381-640x426.jpg

Surprised he hasn't touched the transaxle typ

6FUH3ru.jpg

Archived