Rwb

MARTY

I personally love watching the Idlers race. Everyone that competes is so passionate about driving and super aggressive. It is truly entertaining to see them go at it, as if the cars were stolen. 

Reflecting on RWB directly, it is really a mixed group. Some of the boys go full out, Thailand especially with their backdates having shaved guards, then the usual setup is a 3.8 with ITBs, which would be quick... if there wasnt 15 miles of fibreglass and rubber added back on.
Few run a turbo setup, which is really what you would expect with the aggressive appearance, numbers that would make most GTRs sweat... And then there's the Stance E-farmers, bagged factory engine, 1 of their 50 car collection, only gets driven to Wankfest and Circle-jerk wars. 
So can we conclude, there is no such thing as a bad car, only bad owners? :D

14 hours ago, mph911 said:

An awesome, completely modified, 900hp supercharged 928 built for Pikes Peak and thats your comment??? 

Thanks for criticizing my opinion. I was merely pointing out that a car so well built and with so much good gear and thought put into it would run something a bit more sophisticated. I have analogue gauges on one of my race cars but it was built in 1970.The newer was has a digital system in place of the standard dash readout. Sort of works for both. 

But then the guys that built this are American so .............................

I don’t hate the RWB cars that actually get used at the track and I loved the look of the first black “Stella” car. They lost me when they started selling necklaces and building big wing and wheels stock autos. Once it became about being “on brand” and a cult of personality I lost interest. Much dare I say it like Magnus Walker. No I’ll be honest and say about 8 seconds after the first thread on the duck and it became clear the M.W cars are lego builds and any time anyone questioned him online about who actually built the cars he would avoid the question I then lost interest.

I’m sure they are both great guys who would be interesting to have a beer with I’m just not interested in the marketing.

9 hours ago, Airhead said:

Thanks for criticizing my opinion. I was merely pointing out that a car so well built and with so much good gear and thought put into it would run something a bit more sophisticated. I have analogue gauges on one of my race cars but it was built in 1970.The newer was has a digital system in place of the standard dash readout. Sort of works for both. 

But then the guys that built this are American so .............................

Lol, I wasn't criticising your opinion, It was just random. I would never think to look at the gauges on a few pics. 

On 9/5/2018 at 3:39 PM, Uncle said:

I don’t hate the RWB cars that actually get used at the track and I loved the look of the first black “Stella” car. They lost me when they started selling necklaces and building big wing and wheels stock autos. Once it became about being “on brand” and a cult of personality I lost interest. Much dare I say it like Magnus Walker. No I’ll be honest and say about 8 seconds after the first thread on the duck and it became clear the M.W cars are lego builds and any time anyone questioned him online about who actually built the cars he would avoid the question I then lost interest.

I’m sure they are both great guys who would be interesting to have a beer with I’m just not interested in the marketing.

RWB is always a controversial subject, but it is also important to be factual. Have you ever met these guys and have a chat with them. Or is our opinion based on what you have read on the internet??

They are both great car guys and very passionate. Magnus is far more marketing focused than Nakai. They both adore Porsche’s and are making a living from them - well done I say.

They both offer something that the factory does not. Not everyone wants to eat the same food.

43 minutes ago, Jason A said:

RWB is always a controversial subject

Nearly anything that involves modifying a Porsche can be controversial to those who prefer stock cars

As you say, not everyone eats the same food. Live and let live

@LeeM I agree, a 911 is one of the most modified cars out there - globally.

I have met Nakai a few times, he is a very humble guy, not interested in the spotlight- just likes building cars. He is the polar opposite from a marketing machine. But those who want to do it - he will say go ahead.

He doesn’t chase the spotlight, it chases him. He is a man of few words and let’s his work do the talking.

i have respect for Magnus also, both guys have worked hard.

@Jason A That's what annoys me with people being jealous/envious of a successful individual. Far too many expect success to be handed to them on a platter, yet its people like Magnus an Nakai san who are the oes to be looked up to, as they have busted their arses in their respective niche markets and it's paid off. I'm ridiculously UNwealthy, yet I still get the 'rich .... they pay you too much ya Porsche wanker' 

I respect anyone who has the drive and vision to work many hours to be successful, but I'm too lazy for that shit 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:08 AM, Jason A said:

I personally like the RWB, it is a personal reflection of the owner and in some peoples eyes a piece of art.

Live and let live.

Not everyone wants to eat the same food 

?? ...  but please cut up already bastardised cars

Some owners have modified a “bastardised” Porsche and some haven’t. There is a part of me that agrees and a part that says let them be.

i would draw the line at converting a rare P car, but something pretty run of the mill - go for it.

There are plenty of others saving and restoring dead P cars to balance things out.

At least there are a few in this country where you can see one in the flesh if you like to. 

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

?? ...  but please cut up already bastardised cars

3 hours ago, Jason A said:

Some owners have modified a “bastardised” Porsche and some haven’t. There is a part of me that agrees and a part that says let them be.

i would draw the line at converting a rare P car, but something pretty run of the mill - go for it.

There are plenty of others saving and restoring dead P cars to balance things out.

At least there are a few in this country where you can see one in the flesh if you like to. 

I think think the IROC series soaked up quite a few of these, which has also driven the price rise in the air cooled market.  Yes, all/ most Porsche values are on the way up but in a country as small as Australia where there were limited numbers to start with, the values were accelerated by this series.  Would I do it if I could ?  Too right !!

Back on topic, I like the 964 RWB, without the rear guard pressure relief vents, but the later 993 etc look too "sharp" although this seems to be a common (ugly) theme with car manufacturers today.  The 964 RWB looks wide and sleek, like a Turbo on steroids, but they would be a "b...h" to drive on country roads.

The yellow car in this article is what got me.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2008/09/car_feature_gt_gt_rwb_customer_machines/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lee.  I’m that kid at the servo asking mum to take a photo with the car ?

i do love the comment ‘like not sleeping with ur girlfriend so she’s good for the next guy’ puts the term garage queen to shame

17 hours ago, LeeM said:

All you wanted to know about the RWB process....and the costs involved :Speechless:

Hi @LeeM thanks for sharing- I think it sums things up pretty well based on my exposure to RWB.

The only thing I would add is you need to see one in the flesh, pictures do not do the cars justice.

Archived