What is the highest mileage Boxster in Australia?

Merv

I really expected to see lower numbers.  These are amazing and encouraging. I wonder what % have had the IMS done.  I like the point about climatic conditions.  The first owner of my car (sadly only 35,000 kms) told me it had never seen rain.  It now has.

33 minutes ago, Merv said:

I like the point about climatic conditions.  

Sitting in hot climates (including garages) plus city driving + number of engine heat cycles etc.
The wiring will eventually toast itself , along with sensors. 
21st century Porsches will become as unreliable as 20th century ones, if not moreso :blink:
It's all modern cars not just the "bulletproof" ? P cars.

Guy behind hoovies garage YouTube channel bought his 996 with 250,000 miles on it.  That’s 400,000 km.  It was running fine until he killed it ona track day which was probably oil starvation. He replaced with an LS swap and just killed that motor at the same track.   *maybe a long high G corner is killing his engines?*

problem with digital speedos you can’t see how many miles cars got to before they ended in scrap yards.  Was always fun to find the highest mileage car in a wreckers.

Ha ha.  Not for me, after I saw the owner, a man called Wanless, throw a shifting spinner and hit man in the head when he tried to walk out with something not paying. Worked for me.

Archived