M Benz vs Tesla

tazzieman

Let the EV wars commence!
Spoiler alert...I know who wins.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/hitech/mercedesbenz-eq-c-electric-suv-revealed/news-story/de5218fb725614238cd1f240c432df35

"Top speed is limited to 180km/h"

I think for an SUV that is a sensible safety move.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was always going to happen - big auto arent stupid. They sat by selling old product while Tesla went and R&D'd the shit out of EV's along with developing a go to market strategy. He did that well - but lacks the supply chain.......enter big auto, who has the supply chain

when the Taycan gets released I wouldnt want to be a Tesla shareholder; have you looked at the lower end model 3 Teslas? They look shit house, I was shocked at how the build quality has slipped - panel fit and paint was awful

I honestly think Tesla will just be a page in History in a few years it is the flavor of the month and the product along with Musk is just all hype  ,,,,,10 billion in debt ,,,very bad build quality 28th out of 30 brands tested in the U.S market Lexus and Porsche top two ,,as Ozvino said the supply and parts chain is really poor and the fact that we all now Porsche is going to make thing very difficult for Tesla in the near future ,the Porsche product is going to be superior in every way and take the EV to a new level ,,something Tesla can not do .. 

One question I have for any EV owners is how much does it add to your home power bill ,,,we are all paying outrageous energy cost nation wide surly this must add to the average quarterly bill..

Tesla hmmmm where do I start.... Every week there's a new report of the fast downhiill snowball of doom for Tesla - and Musks integrity (haaaahahahah he lost that long ago) ... this weeks offerings.... I could go on and on...

Evidence Tesla may be struggling to meet production goals     https://nypost.com/2018/09/03/evidence-tesla-may-be-struggling-to-meet-production-goals/

Is Tesla really producing as many cars as Elon Musk says it is? Aside from generating crazy headlines — tweeting last month, for example, that he plans to take the company private, then announcing two weeks later that he decided not to — Musk is also in the business of making very expensive electric cars.

Goldman Sachs Predicts 30% Drop in Tesla Stock    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/04/goldman-sachs-predicts-30-drop-in-tesla-stock/

Goldman Sachs has predicted a 30 percent drop in Tesla’s stock price over the next 6 months as the company faces increased competition and reportedly struggles to meet production goals.

Report: Elon Musk Headbutts Tesla Car on Assembly Line    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/03/report-elon-musk-headbutts-tesla-car-on-assembly-line/

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has appeared to become increasingly unhinged recently, first lamenting the hardships of his job while on the verge of tears in an interview with the New York Times, now the Washington Post has published a story detailing Musk headbutting a car on the assembly line.

Clearly the writing is on the wall and Tesla is doomed .......I do feel for the many employees who will no doubt suffer from its demise ,,but unfortunately that is way the cookie crumbles ,,,,,there is only so much BS MUSK can shovel  before people eventually see thought the Lie ....

"The Elon Musk Quote & News page on Facebook, which sells T-shirts with captions like “Take Me To Mars Elon,” has 313,000 members. That hardly compares to his 22.4 million Twitter followers. One fan tweeted that “it physically hurts to see people attack [Elon.]”"

That's a lot of lemmings!

If it wasn't for the idiots in government trying to pick a winner with stupid laws there would be no winner when it comes to the 1880’s tech that is an EV. They would all loose by resurrecting a vehicle that failed many moons ago and it would fail now for all the same reasons if it wasn't for our imbecile so called leaders. 

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Clearly the writing is on the wall and Tesla is doomed .......I do feel for the many employees who will no doubt suffer from its demise ,,but unfortunately that is way the cookie crumbles ,,,,,there is only so much BS MUSK can shovel  before people eventually see thought the Lie ....

Yep ?

The one and only reason why EV's will still not be mainstream anytime soon

"The quickest possible top-up is by a direct current fast-charging station which can add 70 per cent battery life in 40 minutes.

That is providing you have one near... I predict coffee and fast food sales to soar!!

The parallels between Elon Musk and Nikola Tesla are very interesting - however Musk is probably failing sooner; as his companies are starting to fall apart the douchebag continues with trump-esq behaviour, another fool who should not have access to Twitter

https://www.dw.com/en/elon-musk-wont-stop-calling-diver-a-pedophile/a-45372611

2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@Ozvino

Know what makes me laugh about Trump? He's not even a politician and is now the President of the USA ?

There's some salty pollies that's for sure ??

Sorry to further bring this thread down, but are any of ours any better..... :blink:

What makes a politician? The ability to lie....!

9 hours ago, ANF said:

The one and only reason why EV's will still not be mainstream anytime soon

"The quickest possible top-up is by a direct current fast-charging station which can add 70 per cent battery life in 40 minutes.

That is providing you have one near... I predict coffee and fast food sales to soar!!

That is after you join the queue.

image.png.6bb1bb79c95a3068c837ada9616c4380.png

25 minutes ago, Airhead said:

That is after you join the queue.

image.png.6bb1bb79c95a3068c837ada9616c4380.png

Could be there even longer if its night time or the wind is a bit slack. After all an EV owner should absolutely reject the dirty coal or gas derived electrons otherwise what would the rest of us think of them. 

On a slightly divergent tack, a mate of mine has been hiring Camry hybrids while interstate repping and rings me from them every time he is in one laughing about no matter how hard he thrashes them the mpg is always between 60-70, yep MPG 

I might join the party, but I will be a bit late. 

Have driven a few hybrid cars, only 20% more economical that best in class Petrol cars. Add additional service costs, depreciation etc. It’s like buying a 4 cylinder mustang - in my mind it doesn’t stack up.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:59 AM, StevepGT3 said:

On a slightly divergent tack, a mate of mine has been hiring Camry hybrids while interstate repping and rings me from them every time he is in one laughing about no matter how hard he thrashes them the mpg is always between 60-70, yep MPG 

Thrashing a camry hybrid for jollies? He must be easily entertained!

3 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Thrashing a camry hybrid for jollies? He must be easily entertained!

Just amazed at MPG without range anxiety 

21 minutes ago, Redracn said:

Probably considers his rocking chair to be way to fast. 

Plenty of very, very fast bikes.

19 hours ago, Jason A said:

I might join the party, but I will be a bit late. 

Have driven a few hybrid cars, only 20% more economical that best in class Petrol cars. Add additional service costs, depreciation etc. It’s like buying a 4 cylinder mustang - in my mind it doesn’t stack up.

Yeah, I don't get it either mate. 

I reckon you guys are wrong.  The non-car people love Teslas.  People are mad for them.  Thr iPhone is an overpriced phone and yet people line up for them.  

The model 3s are selling like hot cakes.  Yes the build quality is down but the street cred is through the roof and buying one is joining the cool club.   I reckon Lexus Is going to hurt the most as that is the brand chosen by people who don't want to buy 'car guy' brands.

The anti musk stuff is hilarious.  Guy has gone from hero of the world to hated figure #1... Guess he pissed off the wrong media mogul.  The more he gives the middle finger to the media the more I like him.

Elon

On 9/5/2018 at 6:22 PM, Troubleshooter said:

Report: Elon Musk Headbutts Tesla Car on Assembly Line    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/03/report-elon-musk-headbutts-tesla-car-on-assembly-line/

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has appeared to become increasingly unhinged recently, first lamenting the hardships of his job while on the verge of tears in an interview with the New York Times, now the Washington Post has published a story detailing Musk headbutting a car on the assembly line.

Read a suggestion (from US) that Musk is acting crazy to bring his stock price down as low as possible - so that it makes it far less expensive & easier to buy the firm back.

Either that or he is really under pressure & flipped out, so expect a "DeLorean" episode sometime soon.

Has anybody in Australia actually bought & paid cash for a Tesla??? Plenty driving around here but they would all be on lease - so then easy to give back if it all turns to pooh.

42 minutes ago, Coastr said:

I reckon you guys are wrong.  The non-car people love Teslas.  People are mad for them.  Thr iPhone is an overpriced phone and yet people line up for them

The model 3s are selling like hot cakes.  Yes the build quality is down but the street cred is through the roof and buying one is joining the cool club.   

True re iPhones. And look how many warranty claims they've had! Same as Samsung (as I type with one of them now) People are sheep and just want to keep up with the Joneses, then ofcourse they realise after a period of time they're a plonker for buying one and grab something else that actually works or won't fall apart. I know at least 3 people who grabbed an iPhone and they all shat themselves.

Street cred in a Tesla? ??? With who, computer nerds who are trying to save the planet from the 'alleged' global warming?  Wait until Tesla are totally in the shit and warranties are not able to be claimed for any problems with the cars. Would that make the non car people think they've bought wisely? 

Whatever floats ones boat is fine with me, including Tesla's or a Prius, yet the forecasted depreciation and battery life expectancy of these electric cars does not make them a smart purchase to me. (The above is not a personal attack mate, just my biased opinion) 

Archived