M Benz vs Tesla

tazzieman

9 minutes ago, Redracn said:

Yep old unreliable batteries with poor recharge efficiency and charge retention will find homes by the thousands sorry billions that does nothing but delay the inevitable trip to landfill. Looks like wish-full thinking not a solution to the inevitable disposal. 

After that we launch the batteries and Elon to Mars ..:Chuckle2:

On a serious knot your right it will be a big issue in the future ,,,and as we now governments and people like Elon are short sighted and not interested in the long term problem until It becomes a problem to them ..

Just look at the amount of products and procedures that were once labeled as the greatest thing that are now considered Bad ,,,, asbestos for example once pushed as being the wonder product of its time  ,,,These days mere mention of the word sends people into a panic ...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Coastr said:

He did a bill Clinton there and didn’t inhale!

He'll need to light up another blunt to chill that erratic explosive brain after he did more damage to the Tesla brand. If not he'll have to up his dose of ambien to make a legit excuse for his recent past 5 or 6 public faux pas' 

From a Tesla or Elon brand perspective, why he ever went on Rogan's podcast is beyond me, nothing to be gained just a scenario to come across more unhinged than before - hasn't he ever watched Joe's podcasts?

The next day an 8% share drop to the lowest this year and Tesla CAO and also the head of HR both quit and beat a hasty path to the nearest exit .....

Not in the Bob Marley league at all but Bubba Bill inhaled on his cigar once it was back in his lying gob after Monica had inhaled it...

6 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

From a Tesla or Elon brand perspective, why he ever went on Rogan's podcast is beyond me, nothing to be gained just a scenario to come across more unhinged than before - hasn't he ever watched Joe's podcasts?

Probably for the same reason he sent a man sized submarine thing to help get those kids out of the cave. Publicity stunt 

28 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Probably for the same reason he sent a man sized submarine thing to help get those kids out of the cave. Publicity stunt 

And then call a rescue Diver with decades of experience in cave diving and rescue diving  a Pedo ...

All because the diver tried to tell Musk the sub will be useless in the tight confined cave that the  boys are trapped in and a waste of time ...

Moab.gif

A Tesla P100D is $250K aud and a model S start at around $120K aud according to the Aus carguide site ..

I can see the Taycan going head to head with the P100D in that price range and totally leaving it for dead in build quality alone  ..

But I dont know if Porsche intend to bring out a entry level car to compete with the model S ..

VW has a range of EV golfs in a pre production Mule and looks to be planning a big assault on the budget run about EV market very soon , in May this year VW purchased $48 billion dollars worth of batteries for these cars ...

VW plans to sell 3 million EV a year world wide by 2025 ..

The only Mercedes EV I have seen is the EQ and it looks to be a electric Hot Hatch ,,but again I have only seen concept and prototype images ,,,and not sure if we will even get it ,,,this is much the Same with BMW ..

I have not looked at Audi E tron as I expect that Audi will  share Tech with Porsche in some way due to the close relationships they have as part of VW Group 

11 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

They are not exactly cheap are they?

No $120k aud for a model S will get you a Nice 997.2 and I even see 991.1 going for $150 k now ,,I now what I would rather drive .....Not the EV

And lets not forget Cayman and Boxsters ,,,you get a good one for the price of a model s

• 2 weeks later...

It seems some adventurous American Hot rodders have found a novel way of putting a tesla to good use once the batteries die .......:Chuckle2:

Simple pull all the batteries and electric motors out and put a V8 in ..?

I would say this is obviously a lot of work ,,,but when you see some of the wild hot rod combinations and creations that come out of the U.S and we all have ,,,,,, I can see  this was going to happen sooner or later ..........:Chuckle2:

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-fitted-chevrolet-ls3-v8-engine/

11807147_909114362494770_782096387861626

35 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

One always asks why????? but the answer soon comes back, why not? Not the whackiest thing we've seen .... but still.......

I kinda get the impression these guys are doing it just to stick it to the environmentalists and have a laugh ,,If you read the article it is just a Joke after all ,,,but as you said not the whackiest thing we have ever seen done and many of the well respected U.S hot rod shops do  some amazing custom car work mixing and matching chassis and engine combo,s ..

I have seen that one before .......light weight engine so would work well in the alloy Tesla chassis ..

Loud as hell and bellowing two stroke smoke :Chuckle2: greenie,s wouldn,t be happy 

Was thinking also a Rotory engine with big bridge port would get under their skin also ..

Go stand in the naughty corner Elon...

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/09/27/sec-sues-elon-musk-accuses-him-of-making-false-statements-about-taking-tesla-private/

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Thursday accused Tesla chief Elon Musk of making false and misleading statements in August when he tweeted that he was “virtually certain” that he could take the electric car company private.

The SEC has asked the court to bar Musk from as a director or officer of a public company, which would mean he would have to step down as the head of Tesla. It is also seeking monetary fines and penalties.

Archived