First big road trip

dobbo

Adam the leads were Eagle sourced from a mob in Sydney over the internet. I specified 1980 928 4.5l which came up on there web page however the ones supplied were for 4.7-5.0l totally different they blamed Eagle for wrong part no and apparently Eagle don't even make them for early 4.5l cars.

Yes I know what you mean very hard to return and get refund. Changed plugs anyway with Bosch w8dc which were made in China. The front 4 plugs were newish ngk bp5es and the rear 4 were old German Bosch w8dc. Found oil on lead from dizzy to coil again cleaned up covered up and rerouted away from ps resivoir.

Seems to be running ok again however the old plugs especially the rear bosch ones looked to be on the lean side but still acceptable.  

5 minutes ago, dobbo said:

Adam the leads were Eagle sourced from a mob in Sydney over the internet. I specified 1980 928 4.5l which came up on there web page however the ones supplied were for 4.7-5.0l totally different they blamed Eagle for wrong part no and apparently Eagle don't even make them for early 4.5l cars.

Yes I know what you mean very hard to return and get refund. Changed plugs anyway with Bosch w8dc which were made in China. The front 4 plugs were newish ngk bp5es and the rear 4 were old German Bosch w8dc. Found oil on lead from dizzy to coil again cleaned up covered up and rerouted away from ps resivoir.

Seems to be running ok again however the old plugs especially the rear bosch ones looked to be on the lean side but still acceptable.  

That's sounds almost exactly the same issue I had, same brand and mine came from some place in Sydney too!! I bought through Paypal and launched a claim, got most of my money back and then bought a good STI set from Autohaus in Sydney for in the end a reasonable price. Much better quality than the Eagle ones!

Where is the oil coming from? The plugs may have been there for a while?

From the cap , it has a slight leak on the rack so I tend to overfill it has been running good since I sealed and rerouted the lead. The mechanic from Sale said you should change leads every 70000kms so I might buy and fit some new ones. Any thoughts on this?

Did you return the others? If yours look old, have cracks, don't fit properly, then replace them.

Mine had holes in the insulation. I bought a new set of STI ones from James at Autohaus Hamilton in Sydney

Archived