996 nearly

Morpheus

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

@LeeM I haven’t, but the previous owner may have. We have only been there a year or so. It’s a Tudor, three bedrooms. More modern robes in the back of the house.

Not sure, buy I'm thinking around Winston ave area? 

19 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Well.. it’s home. Apparently it’s filthy so I will post up better pics once I’m back in Australia and have had time to clean it up, and actually drive it!

02085BCD-FBA2-4AF7-B57E-053D9DCEDB12.jpeg

792C996C-3DA5-4FC2-9D7F-B8DA78BA1B3D.jpeg

Congrats!  You will love it.  Every time I drive mine I get more attached to it!  Just had the front & rear bumpers painted this week.

Once you are back we should do an ADL Drive with the other PFA Members!

On 21/10/2018 at 09:34, LeeM said:

Not sure, buy I'm thinking around Winston ave area? 

I’m near there but in the Mitcham area.

Tyre question for 996 owners: were 225/45r17s standard for the fronts on a 1998 Carrera 2? They look a bit odd and from what I can see the stock size was 205s. The Contis are a bit old and squeal a bit ... and I haven’t even pushed it much.. really ?.

Missed out on getting her to Cars and Coffee at Blackwood on Sunday but I did go for a bit of a blast around Belair in the afternoon. Really enjoying getting to know the quirks of the car.

Hey @Morpheus

How did you get your 911 over on a standard truck? 

Did it cost a lot?

I have just bought one from Sydney and I have had to use a race transporter - as the trucking company said they are too low for normal carriers. 

It cost about $400 more than normal, which isn't too bad. Originally, they quoted $4.9k !

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 8.28.13 pm.png

2 hours ago, JpDp said:

Hey @Morpheus

How did you get your 911 over on a standard truck? 

Did it cost a lot?

I have just bought one from Sydney and I have had to use a race transporter - as the trucking company said they are too low for normal carriers. 

It cost about $400 more than normal, which isn't too bad. Originally, they quoted $4.9k !

Awesome picture!

2 hours ago, JpDp said:

$4900??? Where is it coming from, Afghanistan? ? They're taking the piss mate 

I got quotes today for a 944 from Sydney to Adelaide through CEVA, and that was $919. Prix Car was $700ish. Car needs to be no lower than 120mm at the lowest point.

9 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi @JpDp, it went through CEVA. So a mix of train and trucks. I think 800 to get it shipped from WA to any door in SA.

In the end I went through CEVA too - but they wouldn't allow it on a normal car carrier, so it has to go on their Prestige and Race Transporter.

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

$4900??? Where is it coming from, Afghanistan? ? They're taking the piss mate 

I got quotes today for a 944 from Sydney to Adelaide through CEVA, and that was $919. Prix Car was $700ish. Car needs to be no lower than 120mm at the lowest point.

I agree about the no lower than 120mm - the dealer said the 997s is about 110 at it's lowest point.

Main problem is that it's been in Villawood for nearly a week, with no planned date for the move to Adelaide, so I might not even get it next week. 

14 minutes ago, JpDp said:

In the end I went through CEVA too - but they wouldn't allow it on a normal car carrier, so it has to go on their Prestige and Race Transporter.

I agree about the no lower than 120mm - the dealer said the 997s is about 110 at it's lowest point.

Interesting... When I purchased mine, it was that low I couldn't come close to getting a 2*4" anywhere under it as it was well below legal! Went standard delivery from Perth to Melbourne with CEVA back in February 2017.

5 hours ago, Dalai said:

Interesting... When I purchased mine, it was that low I couldn't come close to getting a 2*4" anywhere under it as it was well below legal! Went standard delivery from Perth to Melbourne with CEVA back in February 2017.

Yeah....but it looked good!!!

5 hours ago, JpDp said:

Main problem is that it's been in Villawood for nearly a week, with no planned date for the move to Adelaide, so I might not even get it next week. 

Take a couple of days and drive it over...good way to get to know the car!  

Hi @Morpheus

You'll love the car. It reminds me off what I went through getting my 996 from QLD back to Victoria, and the feeling of joy when it arrived on a truck outside my home.

Mine was a stock 99 Carrera but I'm not a classic man and it soon had it's first few modifications... since then, brakes, exhaust, IMS, wheels, Michelin Pilot Sports tyres, GT3 side skirts and recently AMG paddles to sharpen up the tiptronic :  )

save-new-126.jpg?w=1536

1 hour ago, Tintin Audio said:

Hi @Morpheus

You'll love the car. It reminds me off what I went through getting my 996 from QLD back to Victoria, and the feeling of joy when it arrived on a truck outside my home.

Mine was a stock 99 Carrera but I'm not a classic man and it soon had it's first few modifications... since then, brakes, exhaust, IMS, wheels, Michelin Pilot Sports tyres, GT3 side skirts and recently AMG paddles to sharpen up the tiptronic :  )

save-new-126.jpg?w=1536

@Tintin Audio, how have you found the paddles?  Does it definitely quicken the change up / down?

4 hours ago, dan_189 said:

@Tintin Audio nice pic! 

Is that a factory delete rear wiper or a plug?

It's a plug Dan, wish it was factory. Does make the car look a little cleaner though .

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@Tintin Audio, how have you found the paddles?  Does it definitely quicken the change up / down?

I personally love it. Think it is a little more responsive, especially upshift.

It''s the ease of having just two paddles one for upshift and one for downshift that somehow makes driving a Tip so much more engaging.

Archived