Texting whilst driving

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

?? 

Think I posted ages ago about the woman eating out of a bowl with a spoon or fork and drinking her coffee whilst on Facebook and holding up traffic under the speed limit. Till I passed her, got in front and jammed on the brakes for her to emergency brake sending her shit everywhere ?? That'll learn ya sweetheart! 

I am a prick and I know it ?? 

Bwahahaha. 

I'm thinkin  there's a good chance mate.

I'm bloodly cryn laughing. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, AdRock said:

Dont look at your phone while you are driving. Nothing is that important.

Nailed it

On 9/20/2018 at 11:34 AM, LeeM said:

?? 

Think I posted ages ago about the woman eating out of a bowl with a spoon or fork and drinking her coffee whilst on Facebook and holding up traffic under the speed limit.

I catch the bus to work, and from that vantage point I get to see all sorts of crazy sh!t - texting, eating, reading a book/newspaper/ipad, shaving, doing make-up, sitting cross legged, yelling at kids in the back - often more than one of the above at once. Between that and watching "Driving Test" on telly  (the quality of driving that gets a pass is shocking) - well it's frightening. 

• 2 weeks later...

9.30am yesterday I saw a 40something woman in a white SUV texting at 3 sets of lights, as I noticed she was swerving now n then when in motion

Got up next to her to open her window and told her to 'Put the f.....g phone down as you have kids in the back' and got told to mind my own business. Inbetween the next set of lights, she swerved so badly her rims hit the kerb and she nearly over corrected potentially causing an accident. Got up next to her a kay or so down the road and gestured 'dickhead' to her then rang the cops with her plate number (hands-free) and they said they'll look into it and possibly issue her a warning notice. 

It's bloody stupid and I'm really tired of seeing this far too regularly

16 minutes ago, LeeM said:

9.30am yesterday I saw a 40something woman in a white SUV texting at 3 sets of lights, as I noticed she was swerving now n then when in motion

Got up next to her to open her window and told her to 'Put the f.....g phone down as you have kids in the back' and got told to mind my own business. Inbetween the next set of lights, she swerved so badly her rims hit the kerb and she nearly over corrected potentially causing an accident. Got up next to her a kay or so down the road and gestured 'dickhead' to her then rang the cops with her plate number (hands-free) and they said they'll look into it and possibly issue her a warning notice. 

It's bloody stupid and I'm really tired of seeing this far too regularly

Not that I want shit in my car, but a dash cam wouldn’t be a bad idea for scenarios like this.

I was told about an app for dash cam so you can use your phone, in a cradle of course. ?

Also watched insight this week on the mobile phone use at schools. 

Studies show that dopamine hits are tied in with use. Gotta read that txt or fb update etc. Kind of hard to ignore a drug hit.

Some schools have total or partial bans on phone use. The kids interviewed from the total ban school all said it was difficult at first but agreed that it was having a positive effect. 

Myopathy is apparently on a massive increase world wide related to screen use. 

A very strong warning was made to limit screen use for kids up to 5 as they need proper development of the muscles. 

Check your owns facts as this is just sbs reports. 

8 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Not that I want shit in my car, but a dash cam wouldn’t be a bad idea for scenarios like this.

I have one, though it's in the Porsche glove box at the crash shop ?  If I had one in the van everyday, I'd have hours of numpty footage and plenty of expletives 

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I have one, though it's in the Porsche glove box at the crash shop ?  If I had one in the van everyday, I'd have hours of numpty footage and plenty of expletives 

It’s funny, I watched a few  car crash TV on foxtel, mostly set in Russia and proclaimed to the GLW that I would never drive over there. Cut to Aussie dashcam on you tube and the only differences are no snow and that there is only one Aussie adjective, and it’s starts with F

I live in Glenroy, so the majority of... wankers use their phones while driving opening in their hands and most of the fuck-tards dont even belt their kids into the car correctly. I can see the kids jumping between the front and back seat... I sometimes wish i was an undercover cop and that's the problem is that the under cover cops cars dont work when they have 1000 antenna's all over them

On 10/7/2018 at 10:43 PM, StevepGT3 said:

It’s funny, I watched a few  car crash TV on foxtel, mostly set in Russia and proclaimed to the GLW that I would never drive over there. Cut to Aussie dashcam on you tube and the only differences are no snow and that there is only one Aussie adjective, and it’s starts with F

you mean the first word starts with F and the second work C... lol

This is what happens when distracted drivers aren't paying attention. Put my wife and me in hospital for the day and lost a great car out of it. Unfortunately a dash cam wouldn't have helped since it was a rear hit and the sun was shining off the other cars windshield. The driver would have had to have his eyes off the road for around 10 seconds before he hit us at 60k or so.

43385838270_a1cea7a345_b.jpg

Hopefully the guy has learnt a valuable lesson from it and tells others not to be distracted whilst driving.

7 hours ago, Airhead said:

Next to a tradie in a ute tonight in traffic. Phone in the cradle stuck on the rhs of the screen at eye height. He wasn't texting. He wasn't talking. He wasn't even touching the phone.

He was watching a FN movie!!!!

I saw this recently.  Driving along the freeway and was slowly overtaking a pickup in the middle lane.  I could see the glow from his instrument cluster (night) and looked up and in to the car.  He had the mobile phone on its side leaning against the gauge cluster glass- watching a movie.  Driving highway speed at night, in the wet, with a movie playing.

its a miracle the road toll isn’t higher.   Someone got killed at the end of my street last week where it joins the main road.  Flowers and grief and news crews.  I don’t know the circumstances but it’s a well sighted intersection so I can only guess the cause....but if I was betting...

Maybe everyone should drive motorbikes?
https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/on-the-road/aussie-drivers-extremely-distracted-behind-the-wheel-scientists-claim/news-story/6cac19fef001610b99ddedf8ace27002

"The study found that people spent almost half of their total driving time (14 minutes on average) distracted — or performing “secondary tasks” to driving.“We were quite surprised that the numbers were that high. We were not expecting it,” Dr Young said.While most drivers were distracted by one task, the study found that a staggering 20 per cent of drivers did several things at once while driving.This could include eating while talking on the phone, or adjusting the radio while on the phone, all of which drastically increases the risk of crashing.Researchers noticed a distinct increase in unsafe driving behaviour when drivers were seen doing other things inside their cars."

Doh!

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

I had a girlfriend many years ago who liked taking her top off to get a tan while we driving in the country.

That took some discipline to concentrate on the road I can tell you. ?

Guess you played a movie on your phone to keep from getting distracted ?

On 10/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, Airhead said:

I had a girlfriend many years ago who liked taking her top off to get a tan while we driving in the country.

That took some discipline to concentrate on the road I can tell you. ?

Hands free mode definitely not as appealing.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, firstone said:

I was told about an app for dash cam so you can use your phone, in a cradle of course. ?

I use this... it's called 'Daily Roads Voyager'.  Works exactly as a dashcam would. Chews through your phone batteries though... need to keep it charging when using.

I wouldn't use it for longer than an hour though as my phone tends to get pretty warm from recording for all that time.

Archived