GT3 RS purchase. What would u choose?

Deadman

Hi there

I'm new to this forum and Porsche culture. I plan to buy a GT3 RS  and was hoping some members could help me choose between a Lava Orange RS at Porsche Centre Sydney and an Ultra-Violet one at Duttons Melbourne. I will attach the two links hoping someone may look at the option and price differences and give me some input.

Both have identical milage, the lava orange one appears to be better value, list price being nearly 10K cheaper, it also has some CF and leather  options the Duttons RS does not have. However, I do like the Violet colour a bit more, as well as the white instruments. Duttons said they could negotiate a bit but I got the impression they would not match the PCS price on the Lava orange one. Assuming Duttons could at least shave 4K or so off their price, it's still a lot to pay for a different colour, but given the cost of the vehicle it's not a great amount percentage-wise if that is the colour I prefer. Both colours are very 'look at me' I know, but I fell the Violet to be a bit more so.

I will be travelling to Sydney Monday to see and drive the Orange RS. Do any members know either of these two vehicles by any chance? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

DM

https://duttongarage.com/car/2016-porsche-911-991-gt3-rs/

https://www.porschesydneysouth.com.au/Vehicle-Details?StockNumber=SP4817&Vehicle=2016 Porsche 911 Coupe Lava Orange&make=Porsche&model=911&year=2016&bodytype=Coupe#request-more-info

Violet.jpg

Lava.jpg

37 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Hi there

I'm new to this forum and Porsche culture. I plan to buy a GT3 RS  and was hoping some members could help me choose between a Lava Orange RS at Porsche Centre Sydney and an Ultra-Violet one at Duttons Melbourne. I will attach the two links hoping someone may look at the option and price differences and give me some input.

Both have identical milage, the lava orange one appears to be better value, list price being nearly 10K cheaper, it also has some CF and leather  options the Duttons RS does not have. However, I do like the Violet colour a bit more, as well as the white instruments. Duttons said they could negotiate a bit but I got the impression they would not match the PCS price on the Lava orange one. Assuming Duttons could at least shave 4K or so off their price, it's still a lot to pay for a different colour, but given the cost of the vehicle it's not a great amount percentage-wise if that is the colour I prefer. Both colours are very 'look at me' I know, but I fell the Violet to be a bit more so.

I will be travelling to Sydney Monday to see and drive the Orange RS. Do any members know either of these two vehicles by any chance? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

DM

https://duttongarage.com/car/2016-porsche-911-991-gt3-rs/

https://www.porschesydneysouth.com.au/Vehicle-Details?StockNumber=SP4817&Vehicle=2016 Porsche 911 Coupe Lava Orange&make=Porsche&model=911&year=2016&bodytype=Coupe#request-more-info

Violet.jpg

Lava.jpg

Tough choice, follow your preference, bargain hard, not too many people wandering around with $350K plus in their pocket, buyers market IMHO at the moment.

The purple one is a 2017.  Registered Jan 2017 too so its a no brainer, go with the purple.  Tell Duttons you are going to Sydney Monday and they will not let you go, so you are in the best position to get a great deal tomorrow at Duttons and it is the best car.  

I was in Duttons yesterday finalising on a car for a mate and was looking at that purple GT3, admiring only not tyre kicking. I have been dealing with Karl a young brit that does bargain vs some of the older guys that would rather stick to price than do a deal. Agree with @symsy plenty of margin there especially if it’s not a consignment and if it’s been in stock for a little while.

i would be happy with either it’s more what’s value and preference to you.

good luck.

Orange any day

if you buy an approved used car from Porsche you can extend the full factory warranty through 10 years - I guess the GT3 has the 10 year engine coverage due to the go-bang issues, but having the PDK under factory warranty is not a bad thing if you are tracking the car, although they are pretty bullet proof.

If you buy a used Porsche privately and its under warranty you can extend - however if you buy a used Porsche from a non-Porsche car dealer you cant extend the warranty

worth considering

I know the guy who traded in the purple car to Duttons. Has been babied its whole life. It's literally like new and very well optioned.

Just a heads up. Its been sitting there for a long time. Bargain hard. They WILL drop on this car. Its been a tough month. Don't ask me how I know.

I would go the Lava car in Sydney it is optioned far better .....eg extended leather interior  and is priced to sell at $389 K

I looked at that car a few weeks ago the dealer was prepared to give me a great trade in price on my 997 C2 S manual,,,if I could I would buy it .

Thank you everyone for your input, it has been very helpful and is much appreciated.

Just concerning final price, can it be assumed that list price is about 20% more than wholesale price? I'm not a great haggler but have been learning some of the methods online. 

cheers

DM

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

Thank you everyone for your input, it has been very helpful and is much appreciated.

Just concerning final price, can it be assumed that list price is about 20% more than wholesale price? I'm not a great haggler but have been learning some of the methods online. 

cheers

DM

Don't be afraid to offend and play one against the other if you are in a position to sign or pay immediately. Offer 20% less and walk away when they laugh. give it a week and offer 15% off and be very happy if they accept, if not a few days later move it to 10% and that's about the usual you could expect and it's a win win. They'll try and hold at about 5% off at the most. Depending how much you have to have it VS how long you will wait patiently, walk away at anytime but stay in touch with frivolous questions and restate your position each time... and then drive the shit outta the beauty when your the new owner:LOL:

@Deadman These cars are made to give you that "sense of occasion" every time you drive them - given this I would grab the Ultra Violet one in a heart beat. Good luck and remember the best thing about these cars is using them whilst catching up with other enthusiasts - Welcome.

19 hours ago, Deadman said:

cheers

DM

Discount or what is wholesale is different on every car based on how much haggle the original owner put in and who they acquired the car off and who you are. The car I finalised on for a Mate last week was a classic and I knew was a deceased estate and and sold to them by a wholesaler, so I had to factor in everyone’s clip to set my walk away price ?.We got it for 18% off list and I know the Dutton tax was still pretty.reasonable for them. He had walked away from 2 other cars at duttons over the past year, ( 6.2 GT3RS still sitting there priced now at what he offered 3 months ago?) so while they put up fight, haggled for two weeks but rolled on a fair price. My mates a collector so they know he will be back for the right car. Probably took a hit on this one to clip him next time ?.

i bought my Macan from PCSS and was only able to get 7% off, as it was the best optioned petrol S on the market at the time so ball was in their court ? I did get some free factory goodies though.

im with the comments from the guys above who I’m sure have bought and sold a few cars.

set in your mind your walk away price and your preferred buy price and offer below your preferred buy price.

let them both know you are motivated can close quickly but have choice and happy to swing either way based on the deal

look for faults or areas of concern or differences that your not happy with (km’s options whatever) to justify your price, and overplay it a bit, always needs some good acting

this week is also in your favour as many car yards close harder at month end to balance the commission books. The guys usually get a multiplayer on # cars in a month

ax @GRK930 mentioned the purple one has been there for a while so they could also motivate as they don’t like stock hanging around making it look like they can’t sell cars

play the game, throw out a price so if they start to negotiate it’s on...I’m always of the game don’t offend be reasonable and then they may come to your price or close. If they start to drop their price you know they are ready to deal. In my book you have more credibility holding on to a fair price and get them to meet you rather than start at a rediculous price that both of you know is not going to happen.but we all negotiate differently and it’s always hard to pick how motivated or not the other side is, that’s the game called bluff.

If you end up getting close on the lava car part of your price if you have to justify to yourself paying a little more than you wanted, there are some factory goodies you may be able to drag into the deal. get them to chuck in the second year of Porsche warranty and a service. They could also get you on the l1 or 2 driving experience at mount cotton as a complimentary or track day at smsp, whatever makes you happy with the deal.

holld your price and keep pointing out those concerns or why the other car might be a better price option - so nerves of steel over emotions required now...

If it’s not your price or something your happy with, walk away, don’t call them for 2-3 days then if they havnt called you drop them a line to see what’s happening.and reconfirm your original offer stands. The old ‘I’m about to close on the other car like yours blah blah so have you considered my offer?’ No salesman likes to hear their is a real buyer purchasing what they have off someone else.

either way kicking tyres is fun and getting a deal always makes it even more rewarding, just ask @symsy . You have a choice of cars both would look great at any SMT or coffee meet and bring a smile every time you looked at it or caught your reflection in a shop window at the lights.

good luck.

Hi guys

Well, I pulled the trigger on Alvin purple today. That orange one at PCS was a Porsche Australia car, never had a private owner and been tracked in some Porsche training program for what looked like most of it's 11,000 K's........er, no thanks, think I'll let that one pass. And they seemed very reluctant to budge on the price. The sales guy was pretty cool though, took me upstairs and showed me a customers Carrera GT and a GT2RS.......a couple for the spank bank.

With the Duttons RS having 11000K's also I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out GRK930 was on the money shot, it's really  been babied all it's life and is absolutely meticulous. I'm stoked. Karl at Duttons is a young guy who really did the right thing by me, no bullshit, just straight to a realistic price. Good to deal with a straight shooter. They're shipping it to Sydney later this week for their agent to do all the govt taxes. Needless to say I'm itching to get it on da road and take that needle to nine. Truth be known, the only porker I've ever driven is the GT4 I took for a test drive a week ago (bad case of budget creep).

Thanks to everyone, especially Tips for the tips and connection.

cheers

DM

Archived