GT3 RS purchase. What would u choose?

Deadman

Great news @Deadman and congrats, glad the collective here could help with your first pcar.

so now I know your in Sydney let’s get Alvin purple out on a run. I think @edgy should be back in country soon and I know @itsujackis looking for an excuse to get the touring out. A mate is also keen to get his 6.2rs out before it turns into a garage Queen. Its been too long since we have done the putty road so ‘I’ll set up an expression of interest on an SMT post long weekend and you can get to meet some pfa crew.

Enjoy the rs.

2 hours ago, Deadman said:

Hi guys

Well, I pulled the trigger on Alvin purple today. That orange one at PCS was a Porsche Australia car, never had a private owner and been tracked in some Porsche training program for what looked like most of it's 11,000 K's........er, no thanks, think I'll let that one pass. And they seemed very reluctant to budge on the price. The sales guy was pretty cool though, took me upstairs and showed me a customers Carrera GT and a GT2RS.......a couple for the spank bank.

With the Duttons RS having 11000K's also I wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out GRK930 was on the money shot, it's really  been babied all it's life and is absolutely meticulous. I'm stoked. Karl at Duttons is a young guy who really did the right thing by me, no bullshit, just straight to a realistic price. Good to deal with a straight shooter. They're shipping it to Sydney later this week for their agent to do all the govt taxes. Needless to say I'm itching to get it on da road and take that needle to nine. Truth be known, the only porker I've ever driven is the GT4 I took for a test drive a week ago (bad case of budget creep).

Thanks to everyone, especially Tips for the tips and connection.

cheers

DM

I'm so glad you picked this car. Congratulations. Look forward to seeing you on a meet one day.

10 hours ago, Tips said:

Great news @Deadman and congrats, glad the collective here could help with your first pcar.

so now I know your in Sydney let’s get Alvin purple out on a run. I think @edgy should be back in country soon and I know @itsujackis looking for an excuse to get the touring out. A mate is also keen to get his 6.2rs out before it turns into a garage Queen. Its been too long since we have done the putty road so ‘I’ll set up an expression of interest on an SMT post long weekend and you can get to meet some pfa crew.

Enjoy the rs.

@deadman congratulations! keen to get the GT's out for a run, there's a few of us up here now...

Well done.  Sad to see it's going north though.  From your earlier posts I thought you were Melbourne based.  Oh well we can't all live in the perfect city.  Have fun with the car and be careful on the Putty Road.  Alvin Purple can quickly assist is loss of licence if you get my drift.

43 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Well done.  Sad to see it's going north though.  From your earlier posts I thought you were Melbourne based.  Oh well we can't all live in the perfect city.  Have fun with the car and be careful on the Putty Road.  Alvin Purple can quickly assist is loss of licence if you get my drift.

Is that a coded message for him to drift down the Putty Rd?? ... :Chuckle2:

3 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Congratulations on the purchase. I was in there this morning and looking at your car. The colour looks bloody terrific and the car itself is a stunner!

Should he look for the dents in the sidewalls ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tips and everyone else

Pedro and Gulia are a very nice couple, they organised a service and got the windows tinted. It was good to finally get it, I was a bit anxious having paid 350K+ and a week later I still no car. But it seems that's how these transactions are done all the time. I'm still amazed at how pristine the car is, given it's done 110000K's. I hope I can keep it in this condition. Pedro remarked that when he saw it up on the hoist it had not been tracked and it was one of the best looked after RS's he's seen. Anyway, the rain eased up for the return south last saturday and needless to say it was quite a thrill. Very nice car to drive, a bit twitchy as I expected but not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Just love the sound of that engine, something I'll never tire of. 

The next morning I went out and a tire was flat, had a screw in it. I like to do everything I can myself, so ended up investing in a jumbo breaker bar and torque wrench in order to tighten up the wheel nuts to the required 800Nm. The whole experience forced me to research the net and owners manual sooner than I would have in order to figure out where everything is, how to take the tyre off and put it back on. That Matt guy from'Obsessive Garage' (you tube channel) is quite a character with his hyper-OCD issues, but his how to videos were very helpful for me.

The weeks leading up to buying this vehicle were a bit agonising in a way, there was a lot of apprehension spending so much on a car. It's something I've never done before. But in the end I'm happy with the decision, it really is a work of art, just washing and cleaning it is a joy. I know now that getting a GT4 would never have given me the satisfaction that I get from the RS.

Tomorrow morning I will be taking it to Canberra, a two hour drive, for the Porsche open day. So looking forward to getting in it again as I haven't driven it since taking delivery of it last Saturday.

Will post some pics once I get around to it. Given that Alvin has such a sweet sound I was thinking of getting this vanity plate:

SB.png.49b44073b507b938766e717454733ed2.png

Thank you everyone for the input.

Cheers DM

11 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

ALVIN plate not available?????  ALVINP is available in VIC.  Or here is another to look up CADBRY in NSW.  Already taken in VIC.

So many choices ?

25B836A7-EA68-4495-B840-EA6B360A7B76.png.0f5aaffb580fafdde2ed396010454b35.png60130E74-2DBF-4DA7-95A0-9D172CC0E704.png.745cf64941ee0b64f8dd8794b96b7d6b.pngCE52ECCD-4C20-4EE7-B7D1-B383F73D2407.png.48df9766d1704e3151429bcd89e21e7a.png

Always loved the purple after Chris Harris made this (watch from 8:00 on)

Looking at the cars for sale, it seems heaps of them were spec 'd in Lava Orange,  cool colour but it's not Mr Purple ??

Archived