WA: Porsche Targa West Tour 2018 - Thoughts?

ugame

Just wondering if anyone here did the Porsche Targa West Tour in 2018?

Considering doing it, but weighing it up against doing Challenge or Comp class instead (which I would possibly not do in the cayman, but in a 350Z I can afford to fix...or worse case, lose)

I've done several track events, both timed and casual, in many cars, the most intense to date being a Paul Blanc 2 day classic rally which I did in a 350Z Roadster.

I like the idea of the Targa Tour but not sure if it will be too.....tourist for me.

On the other hand, I'm certainly not at the competition level either.

Would love input from anyone who entered this year, including:

1) What was included?

2) How many legs did you actually get to drive?

52 minutes ago, Bibbs said:

Might be worth flicking an Email to the Porsche Club WA. A guy on there (Roderic Seow) was involved in the event I believe (he also does other Aus events in his GT4).

Thanks mate. Will do.

Will be signing up to the club for the new year also.

Good advice above. Roderic is very involved in targas nationally. One to keep on the radar as well is Targa South West. Held out of Pemberton in May, its a bit more low key, but has great roads and a relaxed atmosphere. This makes it a nice one to dip your toes in the water at. Personally I have only run in competition category, so cant comment first hand on challenge or tour, but in general they are great events to get involved in. Being able to drive at pace on closed public roads is a great experience. 

20 hours ago, ugame said:

Thanks mate. Will do.

Will be signing up to the club for the new year also.

Good to hear, I may meet you in person. I've been a bit lax going to meetings etc, had too many other things on at the moment.

3 hours ago, Bibbs said:

Good to hear, I may meet you in person. I've been a bit lax going to meetings etc, had too many other things on at the moment.

It gets like that. I was a financial member in the Alfa Romeo club for 1 year. Attended 1 event only in the entire time. Life gets too busy sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 4:56 PM, Teutonic said:

^^ The club does run a great Motorsport series. I don't seem to get along to many meetings but do try to support the Motorsport series. 

It does indeed. I've only done a couple of events, on my old HSV and now my Boxster.

I just don't get many weekends free, and I can't fit in my car with the helmet on and roof up, so am very weather sensitive too.

Archived