“Repairing” body schutz

Mike 66

Hi

i notice I have some chips underneath of the car where the schutz has been removed( knocks , chips rust etc) leaving the metal work exposed and the surface rusted. What is the best way to fix and blend these areas with new schutz? The areas around these spots is super tuff and won’t remove easily 

guessing wire wheel

grease remover

Por 15 or KBS

then schutz - Wurth and “blow” in with compressed air( read this somewhere that gives factory look?)

then paint

Thanks for your help

Mike

Mike,

For repairing small areas I have found using a cheap 1 inch paint brush that has had its bristles cut to half length and using it to dapple on seam sealer.  As it dries quickly, tapping it gently with your hand smooths the dapples out to give a reasonable representation of schutz.  It is also quick easy and doesn't make a mess that real schutz does.   

48 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Mike,

For repairing small areas I have found using a cheap 1 inch paint brush that has had its bristles cut to half length and using it to dapple on seam sealer.  As it dries quickly, tapping it gently with your hand smooths the dapples out to give a reasonable representation of schutz.  It is also quick easy and doesn't make a mess that real schutz does.   

sounds like a great solution!!

Archived