Stock market / investment - what to do with small savings

Daly87

13 hours ago, symsy said:

Invest in Hoselink.. Itsrated a discussion thrread and their sales are up overnight from PFA buyers ;) 

Amazing, I just bought a couple of retractable hoses & a bunch accessories for our new house  to be delivered on Monday.  Fortuitous timing.

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, symsy said:

Im looking for some entertainment  and income and need  some starters to read up and on, anyone got any hot market tips.. over than cars .. I think I have nearly enough.. anyone trading Bitcoin also ? 

You going back through the archives Symsy???

I'm considering 4DX at the moment....

47 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

MTC, APT, WBT 3DP, NTO, DTC

I'm wondering whether APT has had the most of it's run for the moment, I reduced recently, thinking about doing again..

Ha, Commsec has just come up with message that trading halted due to data issues?????

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You going back through the archives Symsy???

I'm considering 4DX at the moment....

Nah.. not so much the archives.. im having a WTF moment... more bills than income .. more cars than sense .. more liabilities than investments.

Cash aint king 

Monday blues... 

I've been happy to be on the APT rocket ship but I don't think I'd be buying in now (I've collared most of my gains).

If you are interested in the US BNPL space which is where Afterpays big battleground for growth will be, Affirm could be an interesting IPO to speculate on when they go public.

Good old regulations. https://www.businessinsider.com.au/afterpay-buy-now-pay-later-growth-regulation-asic-2020-11

4 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

CSL but would have to sell a car to get enough to make it worth your while, same as APT although topped out?

A couple that got away from me when they were dirt cheap but still worth a look, DEG, EMN, CNJ, GGG, 3DA. ESR could do something as well. 

Not financial advice, just my opinion. @symsy   GGG US ?

I will take any advice I can get .. just not on buying Italian cars or around Covid 😀

On 16/11/2020 at 10:46, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'm wondering whether APT has had the most of it's run for the moment, I reduced recently, thinking about doing again..

Ha, Commsec has just come up with message that trading halted due to data issues?????

cant believe the ASX was down all Monday :blink:  APT has had a stella run and certainly some longer term opportunity in Z1P . All the BNPL are down today off the back of the ASIC report yesterday. pretty standard trading pattern everyone is worried what regulation will do to volumes and potential revenues. it will be back up next week because of black Friday and Cyber Monday massive sales coming up in US over thanks giving.

Someone mentioned Bitcoin so I thought I would throw in my experience.

I did a lot of research and took a punt. I only invested what I could afford to lose. I got in around June/July this year when the price of one bitcoin was about $14,000. (you should note that you can buy proportions of Bitcoin. You don't need to buy full units, like you do with shares).

The price today is currently $25,400 so I am up around 75% in 5 months. Of course it can easily go the other way but over the long term it is unlikely to. The plan is to hold until I retire.

1 hour ago, Techno said:

Someone mentioned Bitcoin so I thought I would throw in my experience.

I did a lot of research and took a punt. I only invested what I could afford to lose. I got in around June/July this year when the price of one bitcoin was about $14,000. (you should note that you can buy proportions of Bitcoin. You don't need to buy full units, like you do with shares).

The price today is currently $25,400 so I am up around 75% in 5 months. Of course it can easily go the other way but over the long term it is unlikely to. The plan is to hold until I retire.

Fellow hodler reporting in 😁

Be ready for a ride! I'm holding steady as I have a low cost base but back in 2017 when it whipsawed from a similar level of 25k down to ~10k in 2 months and to 5k by the same time the next year it took a lot of conviction to stay in an asset that effectively has zero fundamentals holding it up.

Here's hope it goes to the moon.

On 18/11/2020 at 18:24, Jason A said:

Take a look at SPL, a Melborne based business with some potential to gain from Covid vaccine story - plus some other innovative products very close to full roll out.

Tell me what you think, I have already invested 

Condoms 😀  They definitely have a lot of movement, inbound funding and some major interest and shares being traded.. especially Sep -Oct  .. they look lively don't they and if they are working to a good strategic plan, leveraging Covid deductions  is a good move , I wonder if they have any cross use of their Gel tech into the genral anti viral arenas and not just covid , I feel Covid is gonna go to one of the bigger players , not that I agree with the vaccine story at all .

18 minutes ago, symsy said:

Condoms 😀  They definitely have a lot of movement, inbound funding and some major interest and shares being traded.. especially Sep -Oct  .. they look lively don't they and if they are working to a good strategic plan, leveraging Covid deductions  is a good move , I wonder if they have any cross use of their Gel tech into the genral anti viral arenas and not just covid , I feel Covid is gonna go to one of the bigger players , not that I agree with the vaccine story at all .

Agree on the bigger players, but they have some strategic partnerships. With Astra Zeneca as an example.

Its worth digging a little deeper with some of their DEP product’s - enablers for some Covid vaccines. Their Nasal spray is 98% effective against Covid and already approved in several big markets

Even if no Covid benefits, they seem to have several products ready to take off.

Many years of accumulated losses to offset up and coming profit

I think they are worthy of some funds - I am in already 

• 2 months later...
On 20/11/2020 at 09:24, symsy said:

So who picked up SPL