Bathurst 2018

LeeM

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

How's De Pasquale though! That kid will get snapped up by Red Bull one day I reckon. His co driver, Will Brown is a great kid too

He is really standing out. Erebus have really built themselves up as a leading team.

3 hours ago, GC9911 said:

Happy Craig & Richo won but really feel for Dave Reynolds. 

I also feel for him ............but he shall have many years of racing ahead to make up for it ...Lowndes and Richo are getting to the ends of their career ,s and it is nice to see them finish on a High ..

The newer breed of race drivers here are taking the sport back to where it should be, get in and have a crack. I'm a big fan of Reynolds, as he is not only a great driver but a decent, funny bloke. Take in De Pasquale and new kid Will Brown all in the Erebus team and the future is looking bright 

I am looking forward to the Mustang next year and hopefully Ryan Walkinshaw can convince CAMS that a Camaro is a good thing for the series ,considering there are only a dozen cosmetic components of the factory car that carry over onto the race car ,it really is pointless enforcing a rule the cars must be sold here ...? ..........The category needs some new cars I am sick of looking at sedans ..The U.S GT4 and IMSA series are great to watch ,great close racing with a variety of brands ,,,surely we could create something similar ...

7206411491567732249_23.jpg

chevrolet-camaro.jpg

I personally think the series is dying a death, as most of the fans want to see what they can buy easily enough. They hang shit on the GT series because they aren't interested in the Porlamborarri's 

yet that's the future in this country I reckon 

3 hours ago, Raven said:

I am looking forward to the Mustang next year and hopefully Ryan Walkinshaw can convince CAMS that a Camaro is a good thing for the series ,considering there are only a dozen cosmetic components of the factory car that carry over onto the race car ,it really is pointless enforcing a rule the cars must be sold here ...? ..........The category needs some new cars I am sick of looking at sedans ..The U.S GT4 and IMSA series are great to watch ,great close racing with a variety of brands ,,,surely we could create something similar ...

I think the series has missed a few opportunities like that. Why on earth did Nissan go with one of the worlds most boring cars, the Altima. It would have been much better to see a GTR out there, even if it was a RWD V8.

49 minutes ago, MFX said:

I think the series has missed a few opportunities like that. Why on earth did Nissan go with one of the worlds most boring cars, the Altima. It would have been much better to see a GTR out there, even if it was a RWD V8.

I am hope Nissan use a GTR Style body too with a twin Turbo V6 in the near future and do away with the bloody ULTIMA ..........All of the Chassis and under pinnings of these cars are the same regardless of Manufacturer under the rules

The trans axle ,brakes rims and tires sizes etc are all same under the rules.

Body work is all fabricated and made to resemble the production car it is based off with the used of some genuine parts such as Mirrors ,,,head lights , tail lights and grills etc ..

The Use of Twin Turbo V6 will be permitted along side the traditional V8 5 liter power plants from GM and Ford .

The Turbo cars will have boost and Rpm caped to keep the power output as close as possible to the NA V8 engines in the interests of parody.

As I mentioned above Redbull racing are running a ZB with V6 turbo .

Ford Teams are using the Mustang with Ford motorsport V8

Ryan Walkinshaw is looking at Camaro and will no doubt run current SB2 Chev motorsport V8 

Nissan ................???

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/05/15/nissan-never-considered-gt-r-supercars/

Toyota has a new twin turbo Supra ,,this car would eligible if sales go a head in Australia in 2020 

Would also be good to see the Europeans get involved again and have more manufacturer represented ,,

I really think it would be much more closely followed if it went back to the Group A type rules and got some diversity out there. The old bogan 2 horse race is boring to me. When I was talking with the Erebus team back at the SMP round and the reason they moved from Mercs, to Holden is the factory support and availability of parts, etc. It is a pity as I think the diversity makes it much more interesting.

Archived