Phones on planes

I'm not interested in jabbering on phones,  and certainly not interested in anyone else's conversations, ever. What is it with people talking (loudly) on speakerphone on public transport , in the street etc? Seriously , WTF, FFS? 

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/is-this-the-real-reason-phones-are-banned-on-planes/news-story/1973db530b2360a8bd325eeeab737c30

“It’s possible that airlines are using the mere possibility of technical complications as a means of avoiding the social implications of allowing cellular conversations on planes.“The minute regulators say that phones are safe, a percentage of flyers will demand the right to use them, pitting one angry group of travellers against another.

”EasyJet pilot Chris Foster echoes the opinion that there is no reason passengers should switch off these days, because technology is far more advanced.He told the Liverpool Echo: “(It is) in reality, nothing to be concerned about. Aircraft control systems are so sophisticated now that they wouldn’t cause any interference

Could be? 

I mean travelling tends to bring out the worst human etiquette or lack of... I mean think of;

• every persistent seat back kicker or the ones that punch the entertainment screen in your headrest
  • every dickhead that stands right in front (or even on top) of you at baggage claim 
  • the idiots that leap out of their seats when the seatbelt light goes off at the gate to grab their bags out of the overhead (even though the cabin door is still closed)
  • the people that carry all their crap on and take up all the over head baggage space, so much so you couldn't stow a conference folder up there in you allocated space if you wanted?  
  • That passive aggressive idiot who takes your arm rest by sticking their shoulders out & places their arms on both arm rests with legs wide open
  • The pigs who make a mess of the bathroom on the plane - ffs
  • That moron with their music so loud you can all hear it 
  • The obnoxious passengers who talk so loud the whole cabin has to hear it 
  • The abusive patron who will treat the airline staff bad because hey they are entitled to, because they bought their ticket and no one else on the plane did ?

Now give them all phone call rights.... :lol: 

12 minutes ago, edgy said:

Could be? 

I mean travelling tends to bring out the worst human etiquette or lack of... I mean think of;

• every persistent seat back kicker or the ones that punch the entertainment screen in your headrest
  • every dickhead that stands right in front (or even on top) of you at baggage claim 
  • the idiots that leap out of their seats when the seatbelt light goes off at the gate to grab their bags out of the overhead (even though the cabin door is still closed)
  • the people that carry all their crap on and take up all the over head baggage space, so much so you couldn't stow a conference folder up there in you allocated space if you wanted?  
  • That passive aggressive idiot who takes your arm rest by sticking their shoulders out & places their arms on both arm rests with legs wide open
  • The abusive patron who will treat the airline staff bad because hey they are entitled to, because they bought their ticket and no one else on the plane did ?

Now that you mention that, don't ya just love peopleB)

14 minutes ago, edgy said:

Could be? 

May I suggest business class, Sir?

2 minutes ago, firstone said:

The next evolution of mankind. The kids are watching.

WTF will they be like? 

I'm 56 and want less to do with the main stream all the time.

Maybe it has a bit to do with having teenagers. ???

I loved having teenagers. 10 years later 2 are still with us, so they love us! 
Quality parents...

4 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Sure, they'll be the first to convince themselves it's important. :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

I loved having teenagers. 10 years later 2 are still with us, so they love us! 
Quality parents...

Step dad here, you share all the expenses and few of the decisions. ?

I've taken the little woman on a bit of a drive around the Eyre Peninsula.    Currently eating oysters and having a beer on the deck where we are staying in Streaky Bay:CoolDance: (life is tough, but I will just keep perservering)

what ive seen on the roads to get here, and especially around here, are the amount of blue tongue lizards that have been run over..

why would someone do that, am I missing something?   You can see the little critters crossing from half a k away.   

Why would you do it?   It just beggars belief...:(

18 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Now that you mention that, don't ya just love peopleB)

Generally, the problem with people, is the general public.... :lol:

16 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Fly it all the time on long haul, no way I'd fly long haul coach, but I am not above cattle class for domestic trips... mind you, I am quickly reminded why I hate flying. 

To me, flying is like being on your death bed, they can only make you more comfortable. 

Shit Niko, I barely know why I do shit let alone the rest of you. ?

But sadly this is bringing to mind many things I see in my day.

Today, I'm working in Casuarina near a motel. (Not mantra)

A gentlemanly looking man drives up and stops. Says where is Mantra? A motel somewhere out there. I reply I'm sorry I don't know. His reply was. Come on mate your standing 100m from it pointing to his gps. I said if I don't know I don't know. Ahhh get fd then and took off.

I laughed all afternoon. ?

25 minutes ago, firstone said:

Shit Niko, I barely know why I do shit let alone the rest of you. ?

But sadly this is bringing to mind many things I see in my day.

Today, I'm working in Casuarina near a motel. (Not mantra)

A gentlemanly looking man drives up and stops. Says where is Mantra? A motel somewhere out there. I reply I'm sorry I don't know. His reply was. Come on mate your standing 100m from it pointing to his gps. I said if I don't know I don't know. Ahhh get fd then and took off.

I laughed all afternoon. ?

I hope you're the one who said get fkd then and took off....

Sorry tazzieman, I slipped into your conversation here, accidentally ( maybe a beer too many over looking beautiful streaky bay) 

i have now kicked off a new topic.   

2 minutes ago, Niko said:

Sorry tazzieman, I slipped into your conversation here, accidentally ( maybe a beer too many over looking beautiful streaky bay) 

i have now kicked off a new topic.   

The new topic is how freakin great are nice fresh large oysters ... and natural or done in any of the 6 or 7 usual ways.. and beer !!!!! Go Niko, :Beer: as I eat my peanut butter sandwich...

Ok sorry major hijack....

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

The new topic is how freakin great are nice fresh large oysters ... and natural or done in any of the 6 or 7 usual ways.. and beer !!!!! Go Niko, :Beer: as I eat my peanut butter sandwich...

Ok sorry major hijack....

Hijack? What's a hijack?

As for Niko persevering , more like he's perseverating. It happens to older people ;) google it

Just to raise you Niko  , Saturday brings a Salamanca waterfront Porsche display (I'm supplying 3)  , a parade with as many free laps as I can manage at Basky  raceway in 3 1/2 hours,  and a heavily subsidised 70th Porsche dinner at Hobart's best waterfront venue...nah nah nah!

14 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Just to raise you Niko  , Saturday brings a Salamanca waterfront Porsche display (I'm supplying 3)  , a parade with as many free laps as I can manage at Basky  raceway in 3 1/2 hours,  and a heavily subsidised 70th Porsche dinner at Hobart's best waterfront venue...nah nah nah!

Only for the lucky few.....

7 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Luck is like gold mining. You have to pan and pick until it yields! One day you strike gold.

More of a dig at the club booking a venue that does not have the capacity to seat all members....

Archived