Baskerville raceway Tassy

tazzieman

For those mainlanders who visit (Some PFAers can vouch for the facility) , the resurfaced track provides some interesting cambers and curves.

In an old 911 it can be quite challenging. Esp on road tyres.

Here's a couple of laps I shot yesterday at a low key PCT event. Yes I must get an external microphone!

Amphibious eye view :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, tazzieman said:

For those mainlanders who visit (Some PFAers can vouch for the facility) , the resurfaced track provides some interesting cambers and curves.

In an old 911 it can be quite challenging. Esp on road tyres.

Here's a couple of laps I shot yesterday at a low key PCT event. Yes I must get an external microphone!

Amphibious eye view :rolleyes:

It was good fun day, my first drive on Baskerville for probably 25 years.  Still fearful going up the hill to a blind left hander.  Made even more fun yesterday by being able to do it in a race ready 996 GT3 - F'ing awesome!!!!!

36 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

It's all good fun and games until someone bins their uninsured for track  pride & joy!  Nothing wrong going 9/10ths ; it's the 10/10 that are going to bite eh?

Absolutely, I figured the car's capabilities were infinitely greater than mine, so made sure I stayed well within both....

I think everyone did the right thing, pretty sure I only heard one lot of tyre screech as someone came off.

Thinking I should really come out of retirement for the November Hillclimb.  Will do this instead of Effervesence lunch the following week, cost probably similar ?

39 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thinking I should really come out of retirement for the November Hillclimb.  Will do this instead of Effervesence lunch the following week, cost probably similar ?

Less cost , manly lunch ;)

The recently obliterated lap record. Previous Alan Jones in a Porsche 935 in 1982. We need a 917 @ Baskerville Historics to take on this McLaren 800kg/900hp coffin on wheels.
The camera swivel feature is simply awesome!

35 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

The recently obliterated lap record. Previous Alan Jones in a Porsche 935 in 1982. We need a 917 @ Baskerville Historics to take on this McLaren 800kg/900hp coffin on wheels.
The camera swivel feature is simply awesome!

My P mechanic works on these Dutton Motorsport cars and he says that after every run of this beast they have to basically re-tighten every nut and bolt, even those with wire ties, because it produces so much vibration everything works loose.  That's why you see it with the body panels off immediately it's back in the pits.....

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

My P mechanic works on these Dutton Motorsport cars and he says that after every run of this beast they have to basically re-tighten every nut and bolt, even those with wire ties, because it produces so much vibration everything works loose.  That's why you see it with the body panels off immediately it's back in the pits.....

Same deal with middle aged & older humans ;)

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Much speed begets much maintenance 

Archived