Mick Schumacher

LeeM

3 hours ago, 3legs said:

and he did it without the influence of his old man.

True, though I dare say he had the best of everything in the right team, yet he still has to drive the thing. There's a few F1 drivers sons that have done well in various motorsports. Schumacher, Piquet, Rosberg, Verstappen, Hill, Villenueve, Barrichello, Prost (though he's in FormulaE which doesn't really count ?) Senna (nephew) so there must be something in the DNA 

Schumacher Jr will be in F1 within 2 years if not sooner. Bet dad would be proud 

18 hours ago, Raven said:

Great to see ,,,And hope he can rival his fathers Racing success ...

Good luck to the kid, he'll need it with such huge expectations on his shoulders.   My hope for him is to eclipse that tosser Hamilton.

22 hours ago, LeeM said:

There's a few F1 drivers sons that have done well in various motorsports. Schumacher, Piquet, Rosberg, Verstappen, Hill, Villenueve, Barrichello, Prost (though he's in FormulaE which doesn't really count ?) Senna (nephew) so there must be something in the DNA

Not to mention Brabham. ?

6 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Good luck to the kid, he'll need it with such huge expectations on his shoulders.   My hope for him is to eclipse that tosser Hamilton.

I am not fan of Hamilton either :rolleyes:

I wonder how much is genes and how much is exposure to the sport at the top level.  I’ve seen quick club racers and wondered if they would have gone far if given the chance.

Not knocking the kid - you can’t pretend at that level.  And good on the dads who reinvest their knowledge.  Everyone loves a driving dynasty.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

I wonder how much is genes and how much is exposure to the sport at the top level.  I’ve seen quick club racers and wondered if they would have gone far if given the chance.

Not knocking the kid - you can’t pretend at that level.  And good on the dads who reinvest their knowledge.  Everyone loves a driving dynasty.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ + talent + connections = chance (and in this case throw in romance....)

Michael definitely had some time to instil some influence on Mick. I always wondered why Mick raced in karts under his mums maiden name of Betsch, I get the reason of the comparison with his dad but who were they trying to kid when Michael would show up at the kart races.

schumi-mick-kart-kerpen-28-jpg.jpg

I read something on him the other day.  The family are very private and do not release much.  The news is not great.  He is still struggling to recover many functions.  He has a constant group of doctors and physiotherapists who attend to him each week.  They feed him lots of information and put him through daily exercise programs trying to get him to remember things and regain movement etc.  Although the article only gave a brief overview of his day to day life, it will be a long road and it seems he will never be fully recovered, reading between the lines.  Obviously he suffered major brain trauma.  He is still in a wheel chair.  He obviously understands his plight though as the article mentioned that he sometimes is seen looking out the window at the mountains and lake Geneva and has been seen crying.  All very very sad.  It actually brought a tear to my eye when I read the article.

Archived