Air cond smells

Cyt

1 hour ago, Cyt said:

Anyone experiencing their air cond smell when first start up? 

Ive what’s new to me Macan s that does that on start up.. anyone know the sauce and fix?

Get the cabin pollen filter changed out, the one in my Macan started to smell horrendous at the nearly 18 month mark, it was replaced last service and all good... I know exactly that smell and its horrible lol 

5 minutes ago, edgy said:

Get the cabin pollen filter changed out, the one in my Macan started to smell horrendous at the nearly 18 month mark, it was replaced last service and all good... I know exactly that smell and its horrible lol 

Thanks!!

31 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Check your condenser drains.  If blocked water wil go moldyvand stink like old socks.

And if you can't find these ?, I think you meant evaporator Coastr. Check the evaporator drains from inside the cabin.

Car%20air%20conditioning.png

On 19/10/2018 at 00:58, firstone said:

I had the smell in the cabin ac on. Did the cabin filter but was still there. A forum member suggested glen20 shot up the ducting and the filter box. That was the last of the smell.

When I did a full overhaul of my bmw air con I took all the ducting and used a can of glen 20 and compressed air and blew the mix through.  All kinds of brown crap came out.  It was a smokers car and I had never got the stink out.  After the Ac clean out I never smelt cigarettes again, even after Parking in the sun.  It smelt like glen20 for a while then just went to neutral.  Its good stuff but I think the secret is allowing it to flush out the bad juju making the smell.  If you can get it draining out the evaporator drains it might work a treat.

22 hours ago, Cyt said:

I changed the filter and was told there were leaves etc in the ‘ plenum’so had that cleaned. I wondered which is the plenum in the diagram. 

Did it help with the odour to change the filter? 

Archived