996 - Seat upgrade.

Pokiou

Hey Guys, 

I've been pondering the idea of upgrading my seats to support my fat ass a little better and give me lateral grip when cornering. GT3 seats are out of my price range. Has anyone upgrades there sears and if so what to? I hear some chatter from the UK guys that they upgrade to the Cayman GTS or GT4 seats or something along those lines? 

In upgrading did you encounter issues with fitting the sears and lining up the bolts and so forth??

Cheers,

Just now, Pokiou said:

i know :( are these the same seats you have?

Nahh I've just got standard seats. 

I don't particularly like the sport seats above. 

If anything I'll get nomex GT3 ones one day but not high on my priority list.

4 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Yeah that's the drawback of the GT3 seat - I don't have any seats in the back but often use it for storage of bags etc. 

They built folding GT3 seats on the 997

You can buy the folding 997 buckets off Carnewal... 8350 Euro delivered last time I quoted them (ouch) 

There is a pair of GT3 leather buckets for sale for about $5k on one of the PC marketplaces, that is about the going rate for those, even more for the Nomex ones. 

1 minute ago, James P said:

Bit longer than that.. my garage content is always changing  

I'll swap you for your Cup, C2 and some change? :lol:

• 3 months later...

I bought a pair of carbon fibre GT3 copy seats a few years back for a couple grand. I bought them second hand 

I think they were made in America and cost about 5 k new for a set.

they were very good quality and folded forward for rear access.

i can’t remember the brand ... I sold them when I sold my 996 as the new owner didn’t want them . I sold them for 2 k 

i wished I kept them for my 997s

they were a bit harder to get into than standard seats ( I already had the sport seat option) but they were actually really comfy on long trips 

Archived