Your first 1000's the hardest...

Guest Nick987

Just saw the video Nick.

Great contribution and thanks for going to the trouble of compiling it.

Great video. Love the soundtrack. Thought it was Nancy then had to tube it to find it's some bird (I mean lady) called Natacha Atlas!!!!!!!!

Great way to hit the 1000!!!!!!!

Congrats Nick.......seams like you only started yesterday.

Luv the video, especially the 1 min mark with all 7 cars performing a pirouette, great exhaust note, expect that's Toto's beast :P. I started to sink into a trance watching perfect cars carving up great scenery, only to realise Nancy's voice was getting loader and loader, resonating throughout the office and probably making people question my orientation (not that there's anything wrong with that, hope that's not politically incorrect :ph34r:).

Keep them coming!

Guest Nick987

Firstly I want to thank you all for your congratulations. Your uplifting words posted here are greatly appreciated and encouraging.

It always feels great to know you are appreciated.

I really want to thank all the contributors to this forum for making it what it is. Your dedication and commitment is what motivates and drives me on to contribute in the way that I do.

We may not hold the keys to the shop floor, but WE are the ones pumping out the product and our product is GOOD.

Posting in this forum is not a one way street. It is an ever evolving and unfolding conversation that requires the input from everyone to make it what it is.

I wanted to extend my thanks and gratitude to the Moderators, Chris, Douglas, Vas and Paul. For putting up with me and suffering me, no doubt, in the ways that you all have. Nothing personal fellas, just sharing my thoughts and ideas. If I didn't care as much as I do, you wouldn't get any push-back from me!

Some of these guys I have met in person and feel the start of a great friendship. Others I have had the pleasure of interacting with here in these pages and feel I already know them even though we have not met face to face.

And mostly, I want to let Kerry know how much I appreciate and value his vision and commitment to begin a forum like this. It takes a lot of effort, planning, determination, posting and some cold hards to put something like this together and see it grow to the destination it is today.

Trust me when I say, it is not a quick nor easy task to get to the top page of Google, slot 5 out of 10, from 51,700,000 results, when searching for the phrase 'porsche forum'. It is a testament to the passion and commitment he and his team have brought to bear here.

And it isn't a task any of them are rewarded for financially, if anything, it takes money from their wallets and time from what I can only imagine is a busy and hectic life for each of them. Volunteers one and all.

So it must come as a bit of a shock when they see their 'baby' trashed with gratuitous and inappropriate imagery.

And even though I thought the method horribly uncivilised, churlish and (chose one of - despotic/autocratic/dictatorial/tyrannical), I definitely agreed with the sentiment and motivation behind my being 'torn a new one' the other day by the K-mod.

I understand. I truly do. I understand there is a bigger picture. I understand we can all make mistakes and I understand in the 'fog of posting', sometimes we can get it wrong.

Even though I still believe some issues remain to be addressed relating to the 'rules and policies', I am confident they will in good time by those empowered to do so.

And there is no law in Australia (currently anyway) penalising being a wanker. And if there was, I am sure there are far more people more deserving of being charged than you will find anywhere here.

I know I would certainly be turning myself in for my fair share of wankery to date.

From the bottom of my heart, I really want to thank you all for your contributions, your snide remarks, your posts and humour and most of all the SMT's, the memories from which I will cherish to my dying days.

It has really been a blast.

On with the show...here's to the next 1000!

Now...anyone seen that insane new factory 991 TTT? Yes like TRIPLE TURBO?

“...it has been hinted that the car will be powered by a tri-turbo 3.8-liter horizontally-opposed engine.”

What's the piping gonna look like for that???

Nice post Nick, even in my jet lagged state of mind.....:)

Certainly the forum means a lot to me, it's like an anti-depressant whenever things are getting on top of me, I log on and see what's been happening.....

Cheers guys on ward we go....

C

Very well thought out and executed post there Nick. Takes a big man.

Anyhow................I already sold my left kidney last week to buy some other bloody model.

Can you survive with NO kidneys???

Welcome home Chris, and well done fellow coxmeister.

Pissistintly raining in bright on day one of recce.

Good roads so far some very challenging.

Hit the mountains tomorrow, snow on the caps and supposed to have chains, but have been told, we shouldnt have any problems.

Motel I am presently at has offered great deal for us, more later.

Cheers boys.

Niko

.... Takes a big man.

Good on you Nick.

Personally I appreciate all the time, effort and thought you put into your 'work' on the forum.

I think its a better place with you.

Looking forward to the next 1000.

See you on the next SMT/SMS/SMCC.

Nick just read this after sending you an email so disregard the email.

Please get rid of your out of transmission / test pattern avatar as I thought we lost you there which was disappointing and if that's not the subtle meaning, remove it as it just reminds us of the time you would come home late and "miss TV" for the night. That's right it closed for the night until Bonanza the next morning at 530am.

Guest Nick987

Oh you guys...

Cussin' Chill!

I DO gotta work SOME days to be able to keep up the posts!

Bonanza :D Doish...STILL crackin' me up man! Avatar on the way!

Doug, I owe you a latte remember?

T, if it weren't for you and your Fisters...You grinned when you heard 'em in the vid yeah? (I saw you grinnin' during mix down!!)

Chris? You ready for a LAND cruise yet? Less sun but more blat!

Caver, J.J., Froggy, Jimmy, Steve, Steppo...rest of you...geez...! You feelin' it?

'Nuff said!

NOW let us not forget our 'speed yellow' brother, out there in his 'middy', battling the rain and the SNOW in nothing more than a temperamental TIPPER...debating whether to BUY FRIKKIN' SNOW CHAINS OR NOT, just to ensure our Canberra run goes without hiccups, that we don't hit any unexpected gravel stages nor any rain :D ( yep SOME of our machines didn't get the weather proofer at the factory right? :D )

Lets raise a tall one for the Coxmeist. God's speed my friend, and if you aint got HIS help, may you AT LEAST have a Porsche! (for the love of Jeebus, PLEASE someone post a smilie).

In other news...

Who here knows about wyrin' up a trippple turbo? Seriously! That there gotta be some funky alien tech right there...

TRIPLE TURBO! What production wacker got that sorted? Nothin' I know! That the first in history or what?

T, if it weren't for you and your Fisters...You grinned when you heard 'em in the vid yeah? (I saw you grinnin' during mix down!)

No I wasn't.........Yes I was.........You have no idea how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW let us not forget our 'speed yellow' brother, out there in his 'middy', battling the rain and the SNOW in nothing more than a temperamental TIPPER...debating whether to BUY FRIKKIN' SNOW CHAINS OR NOT, just to ensure our Canberra run goes without hiccups, that we don't hit any unexpected gravel stages nor any rain :D ( yep SOME of our machines didn't get the weather proofer at the factory right? :D )

Lets raise a tall one for the Coxmeist. God's speed my friend, and if you aint got HIS help, may you AT LEAST have a Porsche! (for the love of Jeebus, PLEASE someone post a smilie).

desismileys_3838_zps527fbdcc.gifdesismileys_3838_zps527fbdcc.gifdesismileys_3838_zps527fbdcc.gif

The ultimate sacrifice! The Coxsmeister has gone out there on reconnaissance with the lady Coxster in tow.

Thank the great Porsche God that he found the wisdom to buy the hardtop some time ago with the view, I'm sure, that the battle with the snow was always in the plan.

Archived