Sign in to follow this  
Doish13

How To Tell When My Car Was Built

Hi all,

car turns 40 this year so thought I would take a look at the compliance plate for when it was built ie what month.

For the life of me I can’t tell when it was built.

Have looked on the forum and can’t find any info.

Am I missing something very obvious here?

Appreciate any help.

DB

If it's Australian delivered there's another plate further up in the boot - above the spare wheel on the big flat surface - i thought it had month of manufacture on it

Interested to hear this - in 2014 was on the verge of buying a G50 coupe from UK with first rego date 4th Jan 1989.  Obviously the car was built in 1988, but couldn't prove it with an actual 1988 build date (For pre-89 import cutoff).  It ended up being bought by Ed Sheeran for one of his roadies!  ...£18k ... ?

20 hours ago, Avon said:

Interested to hear this - in 2014 was on the verge of buying a G50 coupe from UK with first rego date 4th Jan 1989.  Obviously the car was built in 1988, but couldn't prove it with an actual 1988 build date (For pre-89 import cutoff).  It ended up being bought by Ed Sheeran for one of his roadies!  ...£18k ... ?

Coa would have it?

Hmmm.  With this do they give you a version you can frame up at all?  Or is it via email?

Could you advise of the cost?  Wouldn't mind getting this for the garage wall, pretty neat :)