2005 987 Boxster S manual - SOLD!!!!!!!!

OK peoples, here it is.  We will be collecting Dianne's new 981 Thursday week, and we need to sell our first love - her 2005 987.1 Boxster S manual - so that my 996 doesn't have to sit outside the garage ? .  As you will have seen me post before, this has been Dianne's daily drive for the last 5 years, so it is no garage queen.  At 136,000 kms we have done all that is required maintenance wise, and it has just been serviced, a plugpack replaced, and a refurbed starter motor installed.  We'll provide another new plugpack as a spare, and also new rear brake pads and sensors to be installed when needed.  We sourced the car from Autohaus Hamilton 5 years ago, and to my know knowledge it has been a Sydney car before that, borne out by dealer service stamps.  For the last couple of years we have had the car serviced by a local mechanic who is entrusted with some of the Dutton Motorsport Collection cars, and many of our friends with some pretty impressive machinery (including "bread and butter" and high end P cars) also use him, so we reckon he's OK!!   IMS has not been done to our knowledge, but basically we don't worry and fuss over it, and our mechanic cuts open the filter at oil change to check , and there's been no sign of any issues.

We were drawn to the car by the Seal Grey paintwork and Terracotta interior, topped off by the 19" Sport Classic  wheels, and we reckon that still looks sensational.  New rears (~1000kms), and recent fronts (~8000kms).  Exterior has some patina consistent with mileage and daily driving, but I reckon it is still pretty good overall!!  2 keys and books provided.  Build options sheet attached for download.

Looking for $34,000 ono, which has been indicated as around market price by Autohaus.  Please contact me by PM for any further details, or phone 0418 one three zero 375

cheers  Peter

20170819_122902 Resized.jpg

987 Boxster (Small).jpg

20181027_103352 (Small).jpg

20181027_104538 (Small).jpg

20181027_104546 (Small).jpg

20181027_104632 (Small).jpg

20181027_104719 (Small).jpg

20181027_104816 (Small).jpg

WP0ZZZ98Z5U722357.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!!

981 collected, my 996 sitting outside 😞  , so need someone to take on this wonderful car.  Price is negotiable, so contact me if at all potentially interested for a serious discussion....

Fantastic option for those of you who don't like black.....

Stick with it. 😉 

The right buyer just hasn't come along yet. Well I did, but...timing. 🙄

Would have seriously considered yours when you pm'd me after I'd put the "looking for" post up if the other one hadn't caught my eye. I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped it up.

Incidentally, after I'd paid up I asked the guy I bought mine off how many inquiries he'd had. Turns out I was the only one. 

Just have to wait for that one guy/girl to come along. Preferably not from Nigeria...claiming to be on the ISS...but needs you to transfer some bitcoin as their bank won't recognise their IP address in space... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NOW SOLD!!!  Being delivered to Melbourne on Monday morning.!!

On 29/11/2018 at 07:29, Typ9xx said:

Stick with it. 😉 

The right buyer just hasn't come along yet. Well I did, but...timing. 🙄

Would have seriously considered yours when you pm'd me after I'd put the "looking for" post up if the other one hadn't caught my eye. I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped it up.

Incidentally, after I'd paid up I asked the guy I bought mine off how many inquiries he'd had. Turns out I was the only one. 

Just have to wait for that one guy/girl to come along. Preferably not from Nigeria...claiming to be on the ISS...but needs you to transfer some bitcoin as their bank won't recognise their IP address in space... 

You were right Typ9xx.  Only one serious enquirer from CarSales, he was the one I wanted!! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 15:46, TwoHeadsTas said:

Enjoying both very much Amanda.  Have you got back into a P car yet?  If not we should talk.......🙂

Not yet.  I desperately want another one tho.  Now I have a 22month old, I'll be needing a back seat to make a P car work. So a 996 will most likely be the one.

Just waiting until I no longer have to cart a pram etc around and then I'll look to get one I think.  Another year or so.

8 hours ago, amanda said:

Not yet.  I desperately want another one tho.  Now I have a 22month old, I'll be needing a back seat to make a P car work. So a 996 will most likely be the one.

Just waiting until I no longer have to cart a pram etc around and then I'll look to get one I think.  Another year or so.

Just so happens my 996 will up for sale shortly as I have an opportunity to move up the chain a bit so as to speak......

We didn't get into P cars until our kids were driving, but must admit we got out of MGs when the the time came to bolt a 2nd car seat onto the roll bar of our MGB, and that wouldn't work 😏

Archived