Car Transport - Brisbane to Melbourne

Trying to find a basic transport service for moving my new daily down from Brisbane. 

Open air carrier is fine and I'll need door to depot. Hoping to find something under $700 otherwise it's cheaper to fly up and drive it back myself. 

I've looked at CEVA but they're a bit on the expensive side at $745 (depot to depot) for what I need and look like their service has gone a bit down hill.

Pixcar is quoting $741.

Anyone dealt with Australian Car Transport? They're quoting $552 which seem like a good deal,

Definitely need to check though all the reviews as unlike ANF I had a good experience with Ceva shipping my 911 from Perth in 2017.

Last February I drove my MR2 turbo from Noosa back to Melbourne and would ship interstate next time and fly back! Though some of that reluctance to repeat the drive was it was in the middle of a heatwave and the MR2 had rock hard coilovers which had me feel every bump on that rough inland route!

3 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Last February I drove my MR2 turbo from Noosa back to Melbourne and would ship interstate next time and fly back! Though some of that reluctance to repeat the drive was it was in the middle of a heatwave and the MR2 had rock hard coilovers which had me feel every bump on that rough inland route!

It's an MX5 so I would be dealing with the same issue for cooling, thankfully suspension should be on the cushy side.

15 minutes ago, ANF said:

From my recent experience with Ceva, I will next time fly up and drive back no matter the cost. The hassles are just not worth it!!

I read about your experience so I'm hesitant to go with even though everyone previously recommended them. Price just seems a bit off to me.

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Not used personally but have heard good things. 

https://www.doortodoorcars.com.au/

Or drive a certain blue car in my garage and exchange with Mr @symsy

Waiting for a response from their online form.

Does @symsy need car transport?

4 minutes ago, Mike737 said:

I read about your experience so I'm hesitant to go with even though everyone previously recommended them. Price just seems a bit off to me.

No doubt there are good experiences, but if something does go wrong, they will not recognise it and you are left wanting (pretty much just ignore you...). Plus the time frames/ schedules they work to are not helpful.....

My overall feeling was one of a lack of care given.

12 hours ago, Fraz said:

Not used personally but have heard good things. 

https://www.doortodoorcars.com.au/

Or drive a certain blue car in my garage and exchange with Mr @symsy

@symsy @Mike737.  If you two are willing I would be ok to drive Symsy's car to him and bring Mikes back as long as you guys pay the petrol and 3 nights accommodation plus meals I would do the trip.  PM me if interested.

15 hours ago, Mike737 said:

It's an MX5 so I would be dealing with the same issue for cooling, thankfully suspension should be on the cushy side.

Waiting for a response from their online form.

Does @symsy need car transport?

you wanna borrow my trailer and tow your car down and bring my car back up ?  I will even pay ya 

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd follow up on this thread with the outcome. Ended up using Victa from Umbrella Towing. He was the easiest to deal with at the end of the day as he just gave me a price and did it, all the rest messed me about soon as I try and to make a booking due to car height

So if you're looking for good old fashioned owner operator type service then check out Umbrella Towing - https://www.facebook.com/UmbrellaTowing/

Archived