Roof Rack 911

9er

On 02/11/2018 at 15:25, ByronBayChris said:

I have a set of Thule feet suitable for a 911 with roof gutters.    Has been on a 72 and a 993.   As new.   Bought from another member here.   It holds a square bar.

Cant add the pic - im getting old.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bks7DP4BLh-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I wouldn't mind something like that to carry a (Porsche) bike. Is there any chance they'll damage the rain gutters?

1 hour ago, YellowDieselGolf said:

I wouldn't mind something like that to carry a (Porsche) bike. Is there any chance they'll damage the rain gutters?

Always use some pushbike inner tube or similar when attaching roof racks. They do usually come with some sort of body protection  though 

On 05/11/2018 at 18:59, LeeM said:

Always use some pushbike inner tube or similar when attaching roof racks. They do usually come with some sort of body protection  though 

They can still damage the paint on the rain gutters pending what weight is placed on them.

On 05/11/2018 at 16:46, YellowDieselGolf said:

I looked at getting traditional style racks, but they had skinny metal feet.   These Thule ones are wide to spread the load, plus they are covered in a hard plastic.   So it is never metal on metal.

I had them on the 993 and the longhood, used them a lot, and never saw any marks at all.   And that was carrying 50kg worth of gear.   Mine are for sale as I have no rain gutters (or 911) to put them on

Archived