What kinda hose you got ?

symsy

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Spose I better buy a hose 

I bought a new Gerni not long ago, with a much MUCH better hose on it than the old one (which had the cheap shiny crap hose that always coils up and generally just does it's best to give you the shits) on a sturdy reel, and I have to say it's increased my Car Washing SatisfactionTM levels at least 300%. You should definitely do it.

On another note, now that there appears to be an officially endorsed PFA hose, how long before I see an ad on Carsales noting "only ever serviced at Porsche dealers and washed with Hoselink hoses"??? ?

9 hours ago, JWM said:

On another note, now that there appears to be an officially endorsed PFA hose, how long before I see an ad on Carsales noting "only ever serviced at Porsche dealers and washed with Hoselink hoses"??? ?

On a slightly serious note...only slightly though..    

I bet if HOSELINK knew that there is obviously a market for a good hose for car enthusiasts, they might find a new field to promote in.

This thread has obviously shown that.    How long before Supercheap and Autobarn and the likes get a sniff.

Might whiz HOSELINK an email.

but are they wife proof ??

must be able to withstand: never being rolled up in winter and summer (despite having an auto roll up), able to withstand being run over by car on any surface and must be able to be stretched 5m metres longer.

......and my wife can kink any hose.

The best hose to date has been one from ALDI.  So far this hose has survived everything the wife has done to it.

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

but are they wife proof ??

must be able to withstand: never being rolled up in winter and summer (despite having an auto roll up), able to withstand being run over by car on any surface and must be able to be stretched 5m metres longer.

......and my wife can kink any hose.

The best hose to date has been one from ALDI.  So far this hose has survived everything the wife has done to it.

I hope your not needy of attention.. your wife sounds quite dangerous , possibly kinky and likes to stretch reality..but evidently very cost conscious being an ALDI shopper.. very promising outlook for a long life together.  Thanks for the input… does she clean those cream seats in that Turbo?

1 minute ago, symsy said:

I hope your not needy of attention.. your wife sounds quite dangerous , possibly kinky and likes to stretch reality..but evidently very cost conscious being an ALDI shopper.. very promising outlook for a long life together.  Thanks for the input… does she clean those cream seats in that Turbo?

I don't let her handle sharp knives.  She can slice and dice but it's usually her fingers.

Cream seats ??  It's Kiwi.......all black !

I've had the hoselink retractables for years, great product. Currently have 3 of them, and found the high flow version (I think 14mm vs 12mm) to be the best. Their connectors are top notch, and don't ever come apart - ever. I also live on acreage and they also sell 18mm fittings (but not hose) - which I have put on some long run hoses from tanks etc again to overcome any issues with connectors/joiners blowing off. Much better than any brass or conventional plastic fitting I've ever used. 

Am happy to recommend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Cracked the shits today because all three of the retractable hoses I have around the house were stuffed in some way …

Remembered there was a hose thread on here one and found it!

They have a Black Friday sale on at the moment, 10% off, so thought it was worth bumping the thread up again … https://www.hoselink.com.au/

11 hours ago, JWM said:

Cracked the shits today because all three of the retractable hoses I have around the house were stuffed in some way …

Remembered there was a hose thread on here one and found it!

They have a Black Friday sale on at the moment, 10% off, so thought it was worth bumping the thread up again … https://www.hoselink.com.au/

Happy to add my endorsement to those who recommend Hoselink. 

Have tried the el cheapo versions and they are shite, eventually bit the bullet and bought one Hoselink.  Had it about 5 years and still going strong and have just replaced the el cheapo on the other side of the house with ..... another Hoselink.  If you have some unique car washing attachments or other water products, they sell conversion parts to hook those up to their bespoke system.  Very good system and true blue and BTW the company owner is a v nice car guy.  Does this mean he has v nice cars, or does it mean he is a nice guy?  You work it out.

1 hour ago, sydr said:

Happy to add my endorsement to those who recommend Hoselink. 

Have tried the el cheapo versions and they are shite, eventually bit the bullet and bought one Hoselink.  Had it about 5 years and still going strong and have just replaced the el cheapo on the other side of the house with ..... another Hoselink.  If you have some unique car washing attachments or other water products, they sell conversion parts to hook those up to their bespoke system.  Very good system and true blue and BTW the company owner is a v nice car guy.  Does this mean he has v nice cars, or does it mean he is a nice guy?  You work it out.

Does the old bloke still run the show, I thought the son and daughter took over.?

Any ways must agree good gear .