My 912/911 boxabits

Hi all,

thought I should share my air cooled project,

as anyone who has seen my v8 boxster they will tell from that I like to do things the hard way,

I picked up a reasonably rust free 67 912 shell that was bare except for rusty front guards, rer deck lid and a set of pedals,

it was too cheap to pass,

biggest issue is its had the quarters chopped off,

so far Ive scored a glass bonnet and a set of swb indicators from a mate for nix, a whole front end except for brakes and hubs for $800, a complete rh door for $500, a LH door and a spare rh both empty shells for $150 and I have a 2.2 engine and box from my first T thats been sitting for 25 years haha,

also have a rear cut coming from the US so I will have rear quarters just 10 inches short of the b pillar...

so getting there, just slowly

912 shell.jpeg

haha yeah hence the name, no originality purity here, although I will be painting it original sand beige if that counts haha

yes the rear cut is cut approx 10 inches past the B pillar just into the wheel arch, painfull I know but for $800 + shipping for the whole rear end with no rust in the tail light buckets it was the best I could do, they are correct year but not that that matters, I may make my own rear flares using front turbo flairs yet, torn between skinny and mild rear flares

911 clip 2.jpg

swb cut.jpg

13 hours ago, Airhead said:

So a matching No's car then? :)

well it is track,tribute, hotrod section haha

Archived