Where to buy 944 parts

Rod C

You can also try your local Porsche dealer. I have been using Joe at Porsche Willoughby and he has always been pretty competitive and good service. James at Autohaus does provide caromello koalas though!

4 minutes ago, Hunter Porsche said:

Talk to James at Autohaus, i have got lots of parts from them and they are competitive on price and easy to deal with.

Thanks Hunter?

Just now, SteveF said:

You can also try your local Porsche dealer. I have been using Joe at Porsche Willoughby and he has always been pretty competitive and good service. James at Autohaus does provide caromello koalas though!

Thanks SteveF ?

20 minutes ago, 944s2cab said:

Thankyou?

18 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

FCP are excellent. They say every part you buy is guaranteed for life too.

btw beware cheap rebuilt 944 water pumps.

Let us know how you go. I will need a kit soon.

Thanks Tazzie will do?

In my last round of parts on my GT3 / Targa

Porsche Doncaster - best price vs GCoast and Brissy

Sonnen OEM Porsche  - bar far cheapest for OEM inc ship and get  50% less than Aussie prices and all OEM

That said , I have had great service and fair prices from Autocoupe when they have done any in Melb

8 hours ago, OzJustin said:

Hi Rod

A few places I would recommend:

BWA (NSW)

FCP Euro

Pelican Parts

Paragon Products

944online

Lindsey Racing

Sonnen OEM Porsche

Sunset Porsche

Thanks Justin?

6 hours ago, symsy said:

Sonnen OEM Porsche  - bar far cheapest for OEM inc ship and get  50% less than Aussie prices and all OEM

That said , I have had great service and fair prices from Autocoupe when they have done any in Melb

Thanks Symsy?

7 hours ago, symsy said:

Great Symsy & OzJustin, hadn't seen Sonnen come up before, so I had  a look at their website.  Love the parts diagram which graphicly shows each part for ease of identification, that will be very useful when looking for things like splashguard components, just as as an example.

Will investigate that site a bit more thoroughly I think....

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Great Symsy & OzJustin, hadn't seen Sonnen come up before, so I had  a look at their website.  Love the parts diagram which graphicly shows each part for ease of identification, that will be very useful when looking for things like splashguard components, just as as an example.

Will investigate that site a bit more thoroughly I think....

Tas , they used to be also very sart in splitting invoices etc ..  Not sure of late must be 6 months since I ordered, quick quotes from emails or a phone call and easy to pay online etc etec without having to ring through.  

In discussion when I was looking at 996 trbos and wanted an ECI and brak controller etc .. big costs items they offered a return within 90 days policy if unused. They wont do that on consumables as such but knowing the geographical distance , I thought that was quite flexible.  

My parts top price in quite purchased in OZ $3270 - Landed in OZ  from them $1254 .     I just checked the invoice

I reckon there's a greater chance of missing this if purchasing direct from these guys, rather than via Ebay, Amazon etc, as GST is applied automatically, whereas buying from Sonnen, FCP etc I would think the value of the parcel would need to be picked up coming through Customs.  I always managed to get parcels that missed getting picked up under the old regime, suspect the same opportunities still apply under the new reduced threshold.

11 minutes ago, OzJustin said:

Does anyone have any recent overseas purchase experiences given the changes to the GST threshold (i.e. now sub $1,000)? Are companies applying the GST and are customs enforcing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/11/2018 at 08:22, OzJustin said:

Does anyone have any recent overseas purchase experiences given the changes to the GST threshold (i.e. now sub $1,000)? Are companies applying the GST and are customs enforcing?

Just received a packet of 10x Torx trim screws from China - cost $3.19,  +GST $0.32.  Looks like anything through EBay will be "slugged"!

12 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just received a packet of 10x Torx trim screws from China - cost $3.19,  +GST $0.32.  Looks like anything through EBay will be "slugged"!

Yep, I think anything purchased through Ebay, Amazon etc will be automatically caught this way.  I think our only chance of avoiding the GST is to get stuff from places which don't have an Australian part of their operation (and I guess better to pay via c/card than Paypal too) such as FCP Euro, Sonnen, Pelican etc. 

BUT, has anyone purchased smaller $$ items from these places to check this out???

On 06/11/2018 at 21:18, SteveF said:

I too use Willoughby for small stuff especially. Pricing always seems good, and even stuff from Germany only ever takes just over a week.

From my brief research of the GST changes it appears it is up to the individual company on whether they will specifically charge the GST amount (e.g. Ebay certainly do as Rob pointed out) or absorb it in their retail price and remit the amount back to the ATO at a later date. I suspect this will have some ‘teething/enforcement’ issues initially.

I was a guinea pig for a recent overseas purchase and can advise no specific GST amount was charged.

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Whereas I bought a 40 year old Estwing hammer from the US not long ago and got charged GST from a private seller. I was under the impression its Ebay that charges the GST?

Lee, how did you pay for it?  I suspect that Paypal (being part of Ebay as I understand) will probably pick up that you are an Oz resident and somehow work the GST into the price????  Thinking that direct c/card purchase may avoid this???

Archived