Where to buy 944 parts

Rod C

39 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Lee, how did you pay for it?  I suspect that Paypal (being part of Ebay as I understand) will probably pick up that you are an Oz resident and somehow work the GST into the price????  Thinking that direct c/card purchase may avoid this???

Yep, Paypal

The hammer was $13 and freight $23 so it's not much, so I probably got charged for the total balance. Not keen on sending money to a private account overseas (not that I buy much) so I prefer the protection of Paypal

39 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yep, Paypal

The hammer was $13 and freight $23 so it's not much, so I probably got charged for the total balance. Not keen on sending money to a private account overseas (not that I buy much) so I prefer the protection of Paypal

Need to work out the risk / GST cost balance and decide from there I guess.  Probably easier if buying from a business that takes credit card, whereas private sales wouldn't.......

8 hours ago, ANF said:

Ebay add GST, FCP add it as well! Pelican however do not. Not all the US sellers are adding the GST.

Are you sure FCP add GST? I just added some items to my online cart to check and it showed $0 tax when shipping to Australia...

2 hours ago, OzJustin said:

Are you sure FCP add GST? I just added some items to my online cart to check and it showed $0 tax when shipping to Australia...

Most definitely,  gets added when you pay.

PayPal will not add GST if the seller did not, we'll they didn't for me. EBay add it in automatically 

7 minutes ago, bumble said:

OK - so basically impossible to calculate with any accuracy on OS 2nd hand purchases...

No, any overseas purchase will never have had a GST component, so will be based on the full price. I was referring to local goods.

When you are doing the engine seals with the rollers and belt changes make sure you use Porsche seals.

When I ordered an aftermarket  seals kit from Paragon the seals were defective (poor manufacture and quality control).

Archived