Replacing 944 S2 front bumper with earlier model's

finnystew

Is it possible to replace a 994 S2's front bumper and valence with one that sticks its tongue our from an earlier model?

Ive heard of S2 style bumpers being fitted on earlier models. However, I wonder if it's possible to do the reverse since I personally think the earlier ones are more 80s and more consistent with the rear's appearance. The fog lights and turn signals are different between the two so looks like you'd be changing those over.

Viable? Blasphemous? Thoughts? 

Hmm, a forward date on a 944, it's been done before and no different to doing a backdate/forward date on a 911 i guess.

Whilst  the Turbo/S2 front end is better looking IMO the early cars do have their own look which i think should be left alone.

Anything can be done if you throw enough time & money at it.  SHOULD it be done is the pressing question.  Not to my taste but if you like it go for it.  Seems blasphemous☺️.

Do you have an S2 that you're thinking of modding?

On 07/11/2018 at 06:30, Hunter Porsche said:

Hmm, a forward date on a 944, it's been done before and no different to doing a backdate/forward date on a 911 i guess.

Whilst  the Turbo/S2 front end is better looking IMO the early cars do have their own look which i think should be left alone.

It's a backdate that's being proposed, not a forward date...

14 hours ago, Rob said:

It's a backdate that's being proposed, not a forward date...

I didn't read that very well did i Rob, i spend about 5 mins on this forum at the moment so everything is a speed read for me, or is it old timer's catching up with me:D

9 hours ago, Hunter Porsche said:

I didn't read that very well did i Rob, i spend about 5 mins on this forum at the moment so everything is a speed read for me, or is it old timer's catching up with me:D

If that's the worst thing you do on this forum, you'll be ahead of 99% of the players... ?

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

Don't let him fool you Hunter, you make one grammatical error & he'll be all over you like Kanye West on a publicity opportunity......................

Pretty good effort at a sentence, Jason.  Only two errors: 1. Don't use "&" instead of "and" in normal English. 2. Ellipsis has three dots in normal usage.  (That's referring to the multiplicity of dots at the end of your sentence, implying something has been left out.)

Trying to inflict some standards can be a bit... trying, sometimes.?

46 minutes ago, Rob said:

Pretty good effort at a sentence, Jason.  Only two errors: 1. Don't use "&" instead of "and" in normal English. 2. Ellipsis has three dots in normal usage.  (That's referring to the multiplicity of dots at the end of your sentence, implying something has been left out.)

See what I mean.......................................

On 11/11/2018 at 22:55, Rob said:

2. Ellipsis has three dots in normal usage.  (That's referring to the multiplicity of dots at the end of your sentence, implying something has been left out.)

Well I didn't know that! 

You're just a walking brontethesaurus aren't you? ?

On 11/11/2018 at 23:25, Rob said:

Now you're just being padontic

Archived