I wish :)

Well, using the best rate on the market (click here to check) , the selling price back then was AUD $3,624,768.       If @turboT took a shine to this and wanted to import, after paying over $1mil Luxury Car Tax and almost $400k in GST, he would have spent $5.2 million on a car with a dubious interior.   Surely, stick with Tangy.

Definitely not the same car, but I caught a very brief glimpse of a silver 993 or 964 on a flatbed in Launceston in good ole Tassie tonight, rear tail lights missing etc, but it did have a very similar rear wing to this.  Pity it was going the other way, it would have been good to find out a little bit more about it.....  screw in engine size plate (or whatever) in the side of the outside of the wing was missing though I did notice.

Also a blue narrow body G series I think it was night before, interesting how cars you've never seen before just pop up every now and then....

5 hours ago, ByronBayChris said:

Well, using the best rate on the market (click here to check) , the selling price back then was AUD $3,624,768.       If @turboT took a shine to this and wanted to import, after paying over $1mil Luxury Car Tax and almost $400k in GST, he would have spent $5.2 million on a car with a dubious interior.   Surely, stick with Tangy.

A small grab from the gubberment then ?

Those cars drive me crazy, and their owners should be executed. How can you have a car like that and never drive it?!? Now it will never be driven and that is a crime. I would prefer to see that car with 1,000,000km's. 

19 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Definitely not the same car, but I caught a very brief glimpse of a silver 993 or 964 on a flatbed in Launceston in good ole Tassie tonight, rear tail lights missing etc, but it did have a very similar rear wing to this.  Pity it was going the other way, it would have been good to find out a little bit more about it.....  screw in engine size plate (or whatever) in the side of the outside of the wing was missing though I did notice.

Also a blue narrow body G series I think it was night before, interesting how cars you've never seen before just pop up every now and then....

Hijack apology - where is the go to place in tas for Porsche servicing/work?

3 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Hijack apology - where is the go to place in tas for Porsche servicing/work?

David ringsgwandl in launceston (works on dutton motorsport collection cars) or robin best in devonport. Can't advise re hobart I'm afraid.  Have also heard of an ex dealership guy working in st helens down east coast.  Pm me for more details if needed

1 hour ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Wonderful - thanks for the information.

Gavin, PM if you'd like me to be a bit more specific, or can tell me a bit more about your specific requirements. @ANF or @tazzieman may be able to assist you with non-dealer options in Hobart

On 10/11/2018 at 14:00, MFX said:

Those cars drive me crazy, and their owners should be executed. How can you have a car like that and never drive it?!? Now it will never be driven and that is a crime. I would prefer to see that car with 1,000,000km's. 

?? 

Archived