CERAMIC COATING AND PIZZA DAY

Niko

I wasn't sure which section to put this in, but I guess at the end of the day it was about car care.....(and eating pizza)

Tman had mentioned how good Steve P's GT3 looked after Chris had given it a good ceramic coating recently.

So it was decided to give Tman's 993 the ceramic job as well.   

A group of PFAers,  aka  "the elitists" put on our ballistic vests, helmets, lock nuts on the wheels and headed over to the Northern burbs.

Chris and Tman gave the 993 a cloth/clay job and then Chris prerformed his magic while the rest of us looked on and ate spicy sausages and Bread that BAFE had cooked  for the ocassion.

Plus a few cold refreshers to wash it down with.

Tman showed his skills with 7 or 8 various pizzas which were cooked to perfection.

Great day was had by all.   And...Chris has the 993 looking like a new one.

IMG_2041

After the cloth/clay job, then a rinsing and about to be dried.

IMG_2043

The work has begun, ... Steve P Dougy and Chris 

IMG_2049

Bugger the work...it's lunch time, and the master chef and his apprentice start the cooking. TMan and Bafe

IMG_2052

The only Greek Pizza chef in the Northern Suburbs in action.....

IMG_2051

Mmmmmm Pizza time...Steve and Dougy

IMG_2055

And the finished product, the car looking sensational at the end of the day.  Tman..Dougy..Niko..Chris..Bafe the bread man..Steve P

4 hours ago, D2000 said:

Wow, great result!  Amazing what a lift a ceramic coating gives to the gloss.  What type did you use?

I can't help with the brand, sorry.       over to you Chris....

But I can certainly vouch for the three cars I have now seen done in it....Chris's GT4, Steves GT3 and Tman's....they really do look sensational..

10 hours ago, D2000 said:

Wow, great result!  Amazing what a lift a ceramic coating gives to the gloss.  What type did you use?

the brand is "car pro"

waxit.com.au  they are located in Tullamarine here in Vic.

Ah ok makes sense. Did you do any paint prep?

the reload stuff is good..

lots of development continuing in this area always new stuff coming up. 

Great work mate?Just gives me even more love for T-Mans ride, love that car.

10 minutes ago, Chris-p said:

Yes we gave it a clay and then a light hand polish with Carpro Essence plus. All up about 3 to 3.5 hours of work.

you are right JB it’s an awesome car. 

Makes so much sense on a nice car - 3.5 hours is F all to keep the paint (half the car) pristine every 6 months or so :Beer:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Team-Elitist,

Meanwhile back to the ceramic coating bit....  I've been getting a few ads on FB showing me a spray on ceramic coat called HYDROSILEX... any of you pizza-lovin car care gurus heard of it?  There's a short vid on the wet application onto wheels and a before after shot on duco with water just rolling off... looks amazing, too good to be true. But is it? 

Any comments, feedback will be welcome? And a pizza recipe would be good too...

Maybe @Lucky Phil... knows??

@Philbee no advice on the ceramic coating but Jim White (White Detailing) recommended a product that he said was fantastic.  I will look up the link.

Go to the 36 min mark for the brands used on the cars.  Pyramid he recommends in another video

With pizza recipe though I have a beauty.  We eat these all the time.  Fantastic on a Friday night watching the footy.

Makes 12 mini pizza's

Start with a packet of english muffins (cut each in half to make 12 bases) place on an oven tray

To these spread over tomato paste not too thick, not too thin (about 3/4 a tub does it just right)

Add 2 slices of mild Hungarian salami to each (24 slices required for recipe)

Add a generous amount of grated  mozzarella cheese to each (use egg ring see below)

Slice up two large mushrooms, 12 -18 olives, half onion and half green capsicum and add a sprinkle of each to each base (I use an egg ring when doing this to keep everything within the confines of the muffin.  Use the egg ring when adding the cheese too.)

Place the lot in a 180c oven until cheese is golden brown (about 10 - 15 minutes)

Eat with beer (I prefer Heineken)

I can eat six.  We usually make two or three batches and freeze them.  For some reason they taste fantastic when re-heated.  We use the sandwich press to re-heat them and it crisps up the base to perfection)

Try it and you will be sold on these as they are fantastic.

2 hours ago, Philbee said:

Hello Team-Elitist,

Meanwhile back to the ceramic coating bit....  I've been getting a few ads on FB showing me a spray on ceramic coat called HYDROSILEX... any of you pizza-lovin car care gurus heard of it?  There's a short vid on the wet application onto wheels and a before after shot on duco with water just rolling off... looks amazing, too good to be true. But is it? 

Any comments, feedback will be welcome? And a pizza recipe would be good too...

Maybe @Lucky Phil... knows??

@Philbeestay away from any facebook ceramic coating ads. It’s all bullshit.

don’t want to overstep the mark but I am more than happy to offer some training guidance or advice on ceramic coating, paint protection, correction and so on.

if you want to get a group together happy to come along and provide some tips etc.

the application part is relatively easy however is it also relatively easy to stuff it up if you don’t know what not to do. The key to a successful paint protection is preparation, preparation, preparation.  

Also can provide you with a list of good ceramic brands/products you can use. I think I’ve pretty much used them all.

Anyway if you want to do an afternoon of beers bbq and car care or something similar happy to help.

cheers

jb

45 minutes ago, JB said:

@Philbeestay away from any facebook ceramic coating ads. It’s all bullshit.

don’t want to overstep the mark but I am more than happy to offer some training guidance or advice on ceramic coating, paint protection, correction and so on.

if you want to get a group together happy to come along and provide some tips etc.

the application part is relatively easy however is it also relatively easy to stuff it up if you don’t know what not to do. The key to a successful paint protection is preparation, preparation, preparation.  

Also can provide you with a list of good ceramic brands/products you can use. I think I’ve pretty much used them all.

Anyway if you want to do and afternoon of beers bbq and car care or something similar happy to help.

cheers

jb

Yeah, I don’t know why I look at FB ads, I know they’re crap but this one made me curious. Good advice, thanks.

yep a chat and bbq sounds great. I’ll pm you to discuss further.

@Philbee @JB I'm in if we do this.  I am mad on this stuff and would love to have some training on paint correction and protection.  Thanks JB (in advance).  I have been wanting to buy an orbital polisher for ages but just cannot justify spending $1000 on a Rupes Bigfoot, that I will only use a handful of times

9 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

@Philbee @JB I'm in if we do this.  I am mad on this stuff and would love to have some training on paint correction and protection.  Thanks JB (in advance).  I have been wanting to buy an orbital polisher for ages but just cannot justify spending $1000 on a Rupes Bigfoot, that I will only use a handful of times

I’m happy to do it as the majority of guys here are just like me, car enthusiasts and enjoy this sort of thing, in particular also having the satisfaction of working on their own cars. It’s the whole reason I do it as it may be my job but it’s my passion and if I’m able to help fellow members get more out of their passion then that’s a good thing right? 

Orbitals I have a few currently running Rupes x 2 and shine mate x 3. Again happy to point you guys in the right direction for products and equipment that’s value for money and will meet your needs as enthusiasts.  

Archived