CERAMIC COATING AND PIZZA DAY

Niko

@JB  I have been considering the ceramic coating DIY process. Mates are ponting me at Gyeon. What are your thoughts as I was going to have a crack on the Macan  over the new year break?

also keen to attend a session if this was a mid week at ur shop or venue or even a sat morning, just need some notice to turn it into an extended work trip to melb.

2 hours ago, Tips said:

@JB  I have been considering the ceramic coating DIY process. Mates are ponting me at Gyeon. What are your thoughts as I was going to have a crack on the Macan  over the new year break?

also keen to attend a session if this was a mid week at ur shop or venue or even a sat morning, just need some notice to turn it into an extended work trip to melb.

There are several brands that are good, gyeon is definitely one of them. Really they all do the same thing it just comes down to each point of difference they have like gloss, longevity, self healing etc etc, I don’t subscribe to one brand and don’t get caught in the marketing hype. In saying that though there are some I won’t use.

definately that will be the right product for the Macan. I just did my wife’s Macan after she had to wait 3 months for me to get to it and it has come up good. Depending on the colour the paint will need a fair amount of work prior to application as the paint depth and quality is of a different standard to the 911.  Also am running a trial on her 21inch wheels which have been coated as the brake dust off them is incredible.

4 hours ago, JB said:

Also am running a trial on her 21inch wheels which have been coated as the brake dust off them is incredible.

Yep I also have the 21 turbo rims and absolute PITA to keep clean.

would like your thoughts on product for them I notice the gyeon also have a ceramic coat wheel kit. 

I have just moved to foam lance and blow dry rather than bucket sponge and chamois, so keen to get the coating on to reduce the spotting between washes. 

A specific wheel coating has si02 in it which has a greater resistance to heat and toxic contamination. However like everything only lasts a certain amount of time. I’ve put a nova wheel coating x 2 coats on my 4S and with the Macan we have tried 2 different products each on 2 wheels. Reason being we want to see he longevity of a ceramic coating vs a wheel specific coating to an everyday driven car that being the wife’s car is exposed to Life....

To Phil’s video above he’s spot on, but as an enthusiast doing it at home I’m not sure you want to spend that amount of time every time you wash your car. What you want to do is invest the time up front get the car up to a standard your happy with and then apply regular techniques to maintain it easily and efficiently. This is where a coating will help, and your process of snow foam and blower would become a quick and easy routine.

@Niko, @Lucky Phil, @Tips, @firstone, @P-Kay, @Troubleshooter, @StevepGT3, @D-banger, @T-Man...and @JB

Hi all,

As mentioned above, JB's ok to run a session on detailing, ceramic coating, general car care, etc... even shampooing those mudflaps!

But we need a volunteer to have us at their house... ideally one with some parking in the street, a driveway, a garage or 2 and a BBQ... If we can get a venue with a BBQ, we could arrange a brunch or lunch there whilst getting a lesson from the man. 

So, Im reaching out to you guys for a volunteer to invite us to their place...  Anyone here? If not, could you reach out to others in PFA so we can tee up a place & time. I was thinking of early next year some time after the Xmas & NewYear madness... suggestions welcome. (sorry to hijack this thread... happy to start a new one)

Once we have a volunteer, we can discuss timing... 

Philbee

5 hours ago, Philbee said:

@Niko, @Lucky Phil, @Tips, @firstone, @P-Kay, @Troubleshooter, @StevepGT3, @D-banger, @T-Man...and @JB

Hi all,

As mentioned above, JB's ok to run a session on detailing, ceramic coating, general car care, etc... even shampooing those mudflaps!

But we need a volunteer to have us at their house... ideally one with some parking in the street, a driveway, a garage or 2 and a BBQ... If we can get a venue with a BBQ, we could arrange a brunch or lunch there whilst getting a lesson from the man. 

So, Im reaching out to you guys for a volunteer to invite us to their place...  Anyone here? If not, could you reach out to others in PFA so we can tee up a place & time. I was thinking of early next year some time after the Xmas & NewYear madness... suggestions welcome. (sorry to hijack this thread... happy to start a new one)

Once we have a volunteer, we can discuss timing... 

Philbee

Ok.. I have just spoken to a mate of mine who has a factory in Mornington there is plenty of concrete driveway parking and the inside of the factory for work to be carried out.

He has the BBQ.   Personally, I would think the place would be ideal for what we want.   Is Mornington too far?

He is on the forum but doesn't post up (Rolfy) and has a silver 987.1 which he said he would be happy to put up as a "work on" car if needed.

The factory is off Racecourse Road, and is in a dead end secluded area.

He would prefer a Sunday but a Saturday might also work.   Anytime that suits from mid January on, he can do.

Let me know Phil, and JB  if this suits...

13 hours ago, Niko said:

Ok.. I have just spoken to a mate of mine who has a factory in Mornington there is plenty of concrete driveway parking and the inside of the factory for work to be carried out.

He has the BBQ.   Personally, I would think the place would be ideal for what we want.   Is Mornington too far?

He is on the forum but doesn't post up (Rolfy) and has a silver 987.1 which he said he would be happy to put up as a "work on" car if needed.

The factory is off Racecourse Road, and is in a dead end secluded area.

He would prefer a Sunday but a Saturday might also work.   Anytime that suits from mid January on, he can do.

Let me know Phil, and JB  if this suits...

Sounds good Niko. Let’s go for it. Late Jan onwards is ok for me.... Sunday is good too.

10 hours ago, Mike737 said:

Sounds like fun. I'm hoping to come along if I can escape the family.

Your a dad now mate, life over...

While the logistics are being organised in the background, I would like to make sure that I am able to cover the main points you would like to know/learn.

based on this can you give me an indication of what are the key things you would like to get out of a session like this?

Thanks 

I’m with lucky Phil plus best interior products to use on leather and plastic. Would also like to know the outcome of your rim test JB . I’m out until mid feb so if goes ahead after the 15th ill fly down on the Sunday if I can get an airport pick up. Good to meet some Mexican P guys :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Philbee said:

Sounds good Niko. Let’s go for it. Late Jan onwards is ok for me.... Sunday is good too.

How does Jan 20 sound?, the following weekend is Australia Day weekend....OR. Feb 3?

3 hours ago, JB said:

Your a dad now mate, life over...

While the logistics are being organised in the background, I would like to make sure that I am able to cover the main points you would like to know/learn.

based on this can you give me an indication of what are the key things you would like to get out of a session like this?

Thanks 

I'm happy to watch and learn anything I can about upkeep etc of our P cars. 

On 14/12/2018 at 09:57, Tips said:

I’m with lucky Phil plus best interior products to use on leather and plastic. Would also like to know the outcome of your rim test JB . I’m out until mid feb so if goes ahead after the 15th ill fly down on the Sunday if I can get an airport pick up. Good to meet some Mexican P guys :ph34r:

Best bang for buck product even on leather is 

https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/meguiars-d10101?gclid=CjwKCAiAmO3gBRBBEiwA8d0Q4jiarq1T1p4qwC8U8PiPcw20bEsp2UuN-fj0pA_l7g8hmlfZ1hTuJhoCU8kQAvD_BwE

Archived