Looking for S2 or 968 block. Almost any condition.

333pg333

19 hours ago, 333pg333 said:

Just putting feelers out there to see if anyone has one lying around. Would probably prefer 968 but not fussed. 

Scored bores are not a worry. Feel free to email me directly at pgarvan@bigpond.net.au

Thanks

Yesss! I hope this means what I think it means. I knew you would come back eventually. Good luck in your search Patrick.

Just looking to dip my toes back in Timm. 

Thanks for the positive vibes. :)

21 hours ago, 944s2cab said:

Good luck, Rare as rocking horse S**T

In this country, yeah pretty rare. That's why I wondered what you were doing with yours as I read through a few threads but see you're going to sleeve it. 

I'm looking to do same so we can fit it to the custom pistons we already have. So I don't need one with pristine bores although won't knock it back if it turns up. 

Oh, believe it or not but you can still buy them brand new from the Factory! 

1 hour ago, 333pg333 said:

Just looking to dip my toes back in Timm. 

Thanks for the positive vibes. :)

In this country, yeah pretty rare. That's why I wondered what you were doing with yours as I read through a few threads but see you're going to sleeve it. 

I'm looking to do same so we can fit it to the custom pistons we already have. So I don't need one with pristine bores although won't knock it back if it turns up. 

Oh, believe it or not but you can still buy them brand new from the Factory! 

I looked at the new option, bit confusing with all the part numbers, Have you looked into a 2.7L block, I have a few leads, They are cheaper and more plentiful, plus if you buy a long block, you can sell on the head, (turbo guys love it) who are you getting to do the sleeves, are you going iron or Nikasil coated Aluminium?

Here's the link to a new Short block, https://www.germanoemcarparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-short-block-944s2-94410090206crx

I only want the block as I have all the other custom reciprocating parts. The 2.7ltr block doesn't have the Siamesed bores. I had come from a block that had a ton of work done to it including Deckplate but I've decided not to go down that path this time. Hopefully having the joined bores helps a little in keeping the cylinders more stable than the purely open deck 2.7 / 2.5 blocks. Ironically the previous block had been Nikasil'd but I'm not going down that path either. At this stage I'm just looking to sleeve the block and have the Iron sleeves honed to fit the pistons out of the previous motor which are virtually brand new. There's a guy in QLD that works on ex F1 Ferraris and other high end racecars that we'll be looking to do the sleeving. We are rebuilding using all the other components that went into the previous motor which was pretty solid. Produced 620whp @ 16psi. 

EDIT: See below. I was wrong about the 2.7ltr block re the Siamese/joined cylinders. 

21 hours ago, bumble said:

Yeah probably not. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong story. 

That was probably the one promised to me due to the failure of the one in the car now. 

Bridge burnt....

Archived